• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I-16 Mosca the blue tailed fly.

Nice one Christian ... Eliminating a step is great ... I'm still kicking around the fact that you & MP & Iron Mike were all together in one place ... and didn't feel a disruption in the force ... Your blue-tailed fly is looking very good ... :woohoo: (y) :dance

Nice one Christian ... Eliminating a step is great ... I'm still kicking around the fact that you & MP & Iron Mike were all together in one place ... and didn't feel a disruption in the force ... Your blue-tailed fly is looking very good ... :woohoo: (y) :dance

Thanks Gator ,Gery . Actually there wound up to be a fourth member Bruce ( ambrb ) .
that comes from MP's neighborhood .

A fairly quiet show, so the force was not too great ( and we were not there long ). Notice that no one brought back pictures either :blink

Cheers, Christian B)

To those who follow my thread, here is today's funny . Airplanes maintainers will get this one ( sorry, couldn't pass it up )

I-16_rockets_001a.jpg

Today, progress : Some gluing , drilling small holes ,making wires and waiting for paints, ext to dry.

Had to make some block adapters for the rear of the rails ( not included in kit )

The rails and rockets are mounted and ready.

I-16_rockets_002b.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks BOb, Ian and Luiz . We have arrived at the end of the road .

A pitot has been made, the gear retract cable were tightened and the antenna was installed .

EZ line was used . Sort of strange stuff . It crinkled like decal when I applied paint . Need to get a gel marker to do the next one correctly .

I-16_done_002a.jpg

I-16_done_001a.jpg

I-16_done_004a.jpg

Now we need a bit of John deere sounds......I'll try to get some beauty shots tomorrow if the power stays on :unsure:

Cheer, Christian B)

Looks mighty fine Christian! (y) (y)

As to the EZ line, I suspect it is some kind of elastic polymer, thus you are probably correct in that a gel or something to stain it would work better.

I've seen it curl up with CA but only if it wasn't under stress. It generally takes CA very well, never tried to paint it, not sure how that would hold up over time as the paint wouldn't have the same elasticity.

But it looks great Chris! :pilot

I must get some of that EZ line ... been wanting to try it for a while ... the bird is excellent Chris ... very good job paint & detail work ... John Deere sounds? ... :idonno (y) :ro: :dude

Looks mighty fine Christian! (y) (y)

As to the EZ line, I suspect it is some kind of elastic polymer, thus you are probably correct in that a gel or something to stain it would work better.

I knew I read it somewhere before. It was posted on the Uschi Von Der Rosten site . Probably a similar product.
Their product was much finer but I could not get it to feed through the holes do to static charge.

That thread will probably be useful for 1/72 antenna wire.

Refining
I may recommend to consider using a Silver Gel Ink Pen and paint some of the rigging with this pen. It dries very slow, so you have plenty of time to spread the silver the way you want and/or remove any excess:

Cheers, Christian B)

I must get some of that EZ line ... been wanting to try it for a while ... the bird is excellent Chris ... very good job paint & detail work ... John Deere sounds? ... :idonno (y) :ro: :dude

Thanks Jerry . Interesting stuff . Problem with electrical charge you might need to work with.

Sort of pricey but you get 100 feet of the stuff. Should be more than I'll ever use.

Will have a gel nest time but if you use enamel paint it straightens out as it dries .

Cheers, Christian B)

I've seen it curl up with CA but only if it wasn't under stress. It generally takes CA very well, never tried to paint it, not sure how that would hold up over time as the paint wouldn't have the same elasticity.

But it looks great Chris! :pilot

It straightens out as it dries Bob. It's the only thing I had handy at the time .

See my other comments on posts.

Cheers, Christian B)

Back