• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I-16 Mosca the blue tailed fly.

It's difficult to be objective from photos but your grass green looks very much like the interior green that I use for American aircraft. I've seen modellers use a really bright almost lime green and that looks so wrong. I think you got it spot-on matey.

Ian.

It's difficult to be objective from photos but your grass green looks very much like the inerior green that I use for American aircraft.

I've seen modellers use a really bright almost lime green and that looks so wrong. I think you got it spot-on matey.

Ian.

Thanks Ian . I completely agree . I find that most people's interior green ( Zinc chromate ) ismore like apple green generally overdone from my experience with it.

Hard to know what is right with the VVS. paints since the people interested in those topics biker so much about what they actually were like :bang head

Akhan paints mixed their colors to match paint chips of the period. This green is described as grass green and is close to the Akhan example.

This original mixture proposed came out too dark but it was a good place to start from.

Thanks Ian . I completely agree . I find that most people's interior green ( Zinc chromate ) ismore like apple green generally overdone from my experience with it.

If you mix yellow and black ( as per formula ) you will get different shades of a gray/green .

Cheers, Christian B)

Oooops missed a few . Thanks Dave , Alex , Swordsman for tagging along and commenting on my build (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm Diggin' your lil' Mosca!
"Fill, Sand, Cuss." I KNOW what that process is like!! :yipee

Thanks for the encouraging words guys . There has been no time for building since my last post :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Hey, what do you know, I was able to string together some time today to do a bit of paint this morning.

Mixed some gray/brown this AM and shot it.

I-16_Future_001a.jpg

Laid some Future down this afternoon :hmmm

Who knows, might find time for the blue tomorrow :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

Time is all relevant anyway Chris, you'll find some soon. I meant to work on my newest project, and worked mostly on the Buff I do love that feller so, Mosca is turning out very nice :pilot looking good. :drinks :pilot

Beautiful Chris. For some reason this is just such a cool a/c. Cant wait to see her marked up.
James

Thanks Ian, Luiz , Surf, Gerry and James for following this thread so patiently :)

This one's for you James, since you seem to be excited about this bird :good:

I pulled out the VVS color mix chart this morning and started mixing . I have no idea what this guy was drinking when he composed this list :frantic but it's obviously not AMT-7.

Therefore I mixed my first batch which dried too blue .

Mixed a second batch with 2 X the white and overcoated the first try. Unfortunately the second coat pretty well masked off the different shades of the wing .

I-16_blue_paint_001a.jpg

Hoping for a coat of Future latter today :soldier

Cheers, Christian B)

Great choice for the scheme, love those colors on a i-16. Pretty little nifty aircraft as well.

Back