• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I-16 Mosca the blue tailed fly.

I haven't been keeping up with this one but it looks great so far, great choice on the paint scheme !

Love this little plane,great build :notworthy

Thank Smurf . I do too, but it is a very deceptive kit .

The landing gear has a good many parts and all are very fiddly and fragile .

Not sure how many time I broke something loose trying to assemble it . In part, the geometry of things and all the gear door pieces.

Never mind the items the kit overlooked. Just gave up the idea of adding them on after wrestling the other issues.

Cheers, Christian B)

Another beauty Chris (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks James . After two to three days of sitting I picked this up and the right gear was askew :blush: so I loosen it and repositioned it ( again ).

So now I'll try to repair the damage and look at the rockets .

Sorry, but crooked landing gears give me the crepes :rotf ( a little French humor intended )

Really considering a snowy belly landing scene here.

Cheers, Christian B)

STanding pretty and that crazy gear retraction system.. :popcorn

Funny you should mention that landing gear.

Before abandoning the idea of adding more detail to it, I was studying pictures of the real deal and I can't figure how they got that thing to fold up.
Must be overlooking a component somewhere .

Even the little doors ( flippers ) have a cable assembly ( not shown ) to make them faire with the wing :frantic

Cheers, Christian B)

I haven't been keeping up with this one but it looks great so far, great choice on the paint scheme !

Not a problem Gary. I had sort of put it aside so as to work on the Skua , Causing it to be burried in the blah, blah , blah...

Now I'm thinking on the Skua canopy while wrestling with this one :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

There you go Bob . I have gear issues also :rotf

I-16_gear_001a.jpg

Posting while the glue sets up :fencing A good reason for not using superglue .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back