• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I-16 Mosca the blue tailed fly.

Got the seat belts installed this morning but I think the cockpit might require a bit more work.

I-16_seatbelts_001b.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow, time sure does fly when you have plastic ar hand :)

After joining the fuselage together and sanding the seams I found it necessary to replace some panels .

Additionally ,I found that I needed a couple more holes under the windscreen.

I-16_wing_fit_003a.jpg

Note how badly the gun cover fit ( not ) in their intended places . They had to be ground and halve before they fit into place.

I-16_wing_fit_005a.jpg

Next, I checked the wing to fuselage fit and found them too thick so I ground the components and attached some sprue in order to find a positive mount for the aft wing.

I-16_wing_fit_007a.jpg

All of a sudden this nicely molded kit has turned into a little monster.

I-16_wing_fit_006a.jpg

The fuselage flet are too wide to fit between the wings.

I-16_wing_fit_002a.jpg

and the lower and upper cowl do not match . :frantic Yipes !

So, I'll have to pry it open before gluing .

I-16_wing_fit_001a.jpg

and then bring out the tools of mass destruction and trim some plastic away

I-16_wing_fit_008a.jpg

Now, when that glue sets, I'll have some gaps to fill . Oh well, I'm pretty adept at that .

Thanks for looking in :) . Cheers, Christian B)

Man that's a lot of work. :zen

:popcorn

It really has turned out to be Bob. I still remember the place I first saw it built a couple years ago . The guy mentioned it as a sanity build, but I think that was before he started fitting things together .

This is more than I had anticipated but what the heck I am a modeler :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Well, that explains all the weird dust in the air over beautiful downtown Boiling Springs, Chris had the Dremel out again. :rotf

Looking swell there, Chris! :drinks

Back