• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I-16 Mosca the blue tailed fly.

Actually , the fix was not as bad as it sounds. Only took about an hour to cut it and then getting it back together.

I-16_wing_fix_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys . A couple words of caution on this kit . The Eduard kit plastic is very different from anything I have ever built this far.
It is rather soft and has a strong reaction to things like liquid glues ( even Testor's ) and it does not like Lacqer thinner either .

Glad to get it this far :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Are there any kits that don't react badly to Lacquer thinner?

Looking good Chris, is that a Mr. Surfacer primer coat?

Are there any kits that don't react badly to Lacquer thinner?

Looking good Chris, is that a Mr. Surfacer primer coat?

Actually, this is the first real problem I have had with quick exposures .

No it's not Mr surfacer. It's Tamiya rattle can . :)

Cheers, Christian B)

While waiting on some things to dry on the Heinkel, I decided to apply some metal to this bird in appropriate places in case I decide to abuse it latter .

I-16_metal_001a.jpg

I-16_metal_002a.jpg

and then, I discovered the bad joints in the wings .

Sand prime and cuss as required till it gets better .

I-16_progress_001a~0.jpg

While that was drying, I decided to add a bit of detail to the engine. Only enough for what will show through the vents.

I-16_progress_002a~0.jpg

I found a Tamiya paint formula for Russian grass green but frankly, I thought it was too dark so I added more to the formula and by attempt #3 , I came up with this which is pretty close to the Akhan paint AMT-4.

It is also much closer to the Eduard paint scheme. Right or wrong ? :fencing

I-16_base_paint_001a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Beauty Chris.Such an appealing little bird.
James

I agree James. All the simplicity of the old John Deere tractor and the face of a French Bulldog :rotf

Maybe should have painted it in John Deer green ......Lot's of talk on the VVS site about tractor colors :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for following along Dave, Luiz, James, Swordsman and Alex :D

and last night while surrounded in Heinkel debris , it's tail turned blue .

I-16_tail_001a.jpg

Need to sand a glitch on the right wing and put a coat of Future on this afternoon .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back