• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Does Family History factor in with your modeling?

With all the Korean War vets I'm finding in my tree, I might needta git me some heavy artillery to build :eek:hmy: Several cousins were assigned to Field Artillery Battalions & somewhere I read one of them was playing with 105mm Howitzers (sp?)
Think I've come upon 5 guys so far. Willard J CONNOLLY was working with Heavy equipment making airstrips, 1 Marine, 3 others were in Field Artillery.

Was over on Ancestry for a little bit today & went to my main home page which tells me How many records I have, photos, ets and I noticed I now have 5,000 people in my tree!! :eek:hmy: :woohoo: B)
Still can't find any info on Willard James CONNOLLY's unit in Korea :bang head :bang head

I received an email yesterday morning from a gal whom had seen 1 of my postings on a genealogical site about my 5th great grandparents Samuel DAY & Isabella DUNN. Seems this gal is also a descendant thru their daughter Elizabeth! whom is the sister to my 4th ggf! I have very little on that line so, am waiting for her to send info to me. She's away from her computer right now so, doesn't have access to her info. So, I sent her info on my line & how I cannot get past Sam & Isabella. Seems she is at the same brick wall. :bang head :bang head

Seems she is at the same brick wall. :bang head :bang head

Very early in the Internet days I met a very very distant cousin who was at the same brick wall we are that dates back to 1760 in London. We know the name of this guys Mother but we don't know his fathers name. We do know he was buried in "Spitalfield" in London. She even traveled to UK hoping to break down the wall but found nothing other than what we already knew. That same wall is still there and pretty solid.

Seems she is at the same brick wall. :bang head :bang head

Very early in the Internet days I met a very very distant cousin who was at the same brick wall we are that dates back to 1760 in London. We know the name of this guys Mother but we don't know his fathers name. We do know he was buried in "Spitalfield" in London. She even traveled to UK hoping to break down the wall but found nothing other than what we already knew. That same wall is still there and pretty solid.

Yeah, it's a shame when you take a trip to find out more only to find out what you already have! One of my mother's cousins did that, went back to Livingston Manor, Sullivan Co.,NY to find out more about my 3rd great grandparents Amzy Lewis FAIR and Emeline ADAMS. Mom's cousin didn't learn anything new....

Well fellas, my nephew dropped a bomb on us all yesterday!! :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: He & his wife did actually... A healthy baby boy named Axle Harvey Schoonover! :drinks :drinks Still waiting to find out the details... length, weight.

hfaa29e2.jpg

Well, it looks like I'll have to find & build me a couple ships :blink Seems my uncle Bill's dad was in the US Navy from JAN 1938 thru late 1945 Served aboard the USS AUGUSTA (CA-31) from DEC 1938 to JAN 1943 then became part of the Commissioning Crew aboard the USS SIGSBEE (DD-502) 23 JAN 1943 and took a hard hit from a Kamakazi in APR 1945.

Anybody know if these ships are in styrene & 1/700? :hmmm

I didn't find either of those boats ... in the warehouse ... maybe try white ensign ... :captain :soldier :captain

The Augusta is a Northhampton class crusier which is one of the missing links of injection molded ships. You may be able to find one amoung the resin manufacturers. U.S.S. Sigsbee is a round bridge Fletcher Class destroyer and Tamiya makes that.

B)

Back