• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cold Panther

Dear MP.

...excelent camo job...very subtle in this scale...like the real thing :dude

Best :drinks

Luiz.

Lookin' good! I didn't know MPerdu did paper schurzen- veeeery interesting!

arte.jpg

Great airbrush work! Don't fret about the mounts, simply put the schurzen on the engine deck or leave it off as though it came off. Don't damage it as you would then have to damage the bracket. Instead, make one of the wheels appear newer as though the skirts were removed during maintenance and not replaced.

Regards,

Well I'm finished!

With one bag of Friuls.

Wasn't that bad, tedious but I can tell it's going to be worth it.

Great build there, Moon! :dude The paint is looking cool and the wheels look the part! This will certainly end up as a splendid piece of work, as your models always are. And it's so nice to see everybody chiming in, trying their best to help ya... guess solidarity is the word I'm looking for here! :cheer:

Well, you just got another :popcorn ...

Cheers and good luck finishing this coolest of jobs! B)
Fernao

I do it about 10 links at a time and after the second or third set you get in a groove. Then I start linking sets and before you know it the track is done. Tunes really help blot out the monotony.
James

So I've heard about the tunes. Would help if I had some long shanked drill bits. My nice ones from Drill Bit City just ain't long enough to make it all the way through.

I would love to see someone like Scalehardware come out with threaded pins like their bolts they have.

But it is paying off, James i'm doing just that, going for sessions, i'm up to about 7 inches now. About half the first bag. :soldier.

Think BBQ, you just can't rush it. B) You're right about a longer bit, it's faster to be able to drill all the way thru the top and to the plug on the bottom. I have switched to .020 brass rod for the track pins, less cumbersome then the Friul supplied wire. (y) :drinks

Back