• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Point Du Hoc

Gorgeous work. Just fantastic painting.
James
Thank you, James!

Quick update, cabinet is almost finished. Sorry for the crummy pics, but yall get the idea.

DSC_0259-vi.jpg
DSC_0261-vi.jpg

Glass and mirror coming this week.

Well, yall better know it's 1:1, cause if I ever tried to pass a scaled version to me lovely bride, I'd not only get me asrs kicked, but I'd be sharin a dog house with me pooches, sheesh! Yall are a rough crowd, HA! :frantic::yipee:

How big is it, and what kind of wood are you using? It looks really good! I am sure it will hold a few of her knick knacks comfortably.
3D-Cool2.gif

Then again I am sure some of your creations will get to fill in the gaps, eh?

How big is it, and what kind of wood are you using? It looks really good! I am sure it will hold a few of her knick knacks comfortably.
View attachment 165341

Then again I am sure some of your creations will get to fill in the gaps, eh?
Howdy, HE. It's red oak with "Early American" Minwax stain, soon to get sealed with Tung oil. I always use Tung oil, more controllable, if you can believe it. The size is 40"Wx35"Hx20"D. Two glass shelves will be installed when this puppy gets into its final resting place.

Now get this, she's been using my curio cabinet for 20yrs, and now she won't let me put a thang in this new one, sheesh. I tell ya I get no respect, HA!

LOL! That's what happens when you have a 'War Dept' (spouse) ;)
Sadly mine passed away almost 22 years ago now. I took over her little Curio cabinet about 14 years ago when I finally moved it to Memphis. It is now pretty full. I have thought about modding it slightly to add some more glass shelves to it which would work OK as there is a lot of space between shelves. I also have a bunch of the IKEA Billy shelves in the birch color that are full of books etc. They make some glass doors for those shelving units and I have thought about just getting one of those units and the glass doors for the front. There are 2 types of doors, ones that have a wood frame around them and another that just have a narrow aluminum frame. The latter would work fine for a lot of builds I think, especially if they are armor or something on that line.

LOL! That's what happens when you have a 'War Dept' (spouse) ;)
Sadly mine passed away almost 22 years ago now. I took over her little Curio cabinet about 14 years ago when I finally moved it to Memphis. It is now pretty full. I have thought about modding it slightly to add some more glass shelves to it which would work OK as there is a lot of space between shelves. I also have a bunch of the IKEA Billy shelves in the birch color that are full of books etc. They make some glass doors for those shelving units and I have thought about just getting one of those units and the glass doors for the front. There are 2 types of doors, ones that have a wood frame around them and another that just have a narrow aluminum frame. The latter would work fine for a lot of builds I think, especially if they are armor or something on that line.
I guess I'm lucky I'm a slow painter, cause it will take some time to fill up the bottom of my soon to be reclaimed cabinet.

Lol, back at it this week!

It’s Finally Done!

The glass is in and the final top coat of Tung Oil is drying until Monday morning. Red Oak stained with Minwax Early American and sealed with Tung Oil.

DSC_0263b-vi.jpg
DSC_0265b-vi.jpg

Now it’s time to get back to the bunker and crank up the heat as I prep the oil palette.

Thanks for watchin. Cheers, Ski.

Capt. Walt in Progress

Just three quick shots of Capt. Walt’s progress. I’m working the hands and finishing up anything left on the upper torso before moving on to Bruce and Luke to do the same.

_DSC0518b-vi.jpg
_DSC0520b-vi.jpg
_DSC0522b-vi.jpg

Now that my saw dust session is over, I’m gladly working this set in the warm bunker. More to follow soon and thanks for watchin.

Cheers, Ski.

Your woodworking stint turned out some nice stuff, but I am glad that you are now back in the bunker putting some life into these chunks of resin. :)

Your woodworking stint turned out some nice stuff, but I am glad that you are now back in the bunker putting some life into these chunks of resin. :)
Me too, Brother, me too. It was mighty dang cold out there in that refer of a shop. Tanks, Bro!
What is that on his right arm?
That thinga-majiger is a gas detector brassard. Many photos show some, but not all wearing this thing.

I've seen them rarely and always thought they were some extra padding or something. Figured ask now and actually learn something. :vgood:

Back