• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cold Panther

Even a replacement barrel would not be gray. The gun was treated with a dark gray primer designed for high temperatures but it was painted before delivery. The only dark barrels I find in photographs are discoloration from heat (just a darker shade of the overall color) and a few prototypes with guns not ready for service use

what saúl said! nothing more to add here from my side.

the 75mm KwK L/70 gun installed on the panther was more powerful than the 88mm KwK L/56 installed on the tiger 1 while the smaller caliber allowed more ammo to be loaded, that's why the 75mmL/70 was also sported on the guderian duck (and because the 88mm KwK L/56 would have been too powerful for the pz4 chassis and warped it upon firing)

Used up all my Dark Yellow.

Panther004%7E0.jpg

There will be a liberal application of tarps and battle damage applied, as well as well aimed photography. Not a fan of this PE Zim.

(y)

nice progress

Ian

* quote MP :
I've looked a couple of times at these Panthers and can't really see the differences, I know the gun mantle was different on some models but I can't see the differences on the hulls.

:bang head We need to 'learn you some' plane man - big differences between models. :eek:hmy: ;)

Thanks! The arms that the road wheels attach to can be mounted in any position. I want to block up the hull and make sure I get the right hight when I attach the suspension.

Thanks Erik, didn't see you poke at me

Man I'm all over the place, airplanes, tanks, cars, boats...though I think after this current car I'm working on, it'll be the last.

Saul! Thanks for the skirts, never heard of paper skirts. There is a little crease in one, looks really neat scratch mark if I can paint it right.

Panther008.jpg

BTW, the three resin parts, what are they?

I'm going to be squirting brown and green soon and will include these skirts.

Also thanks for the Tracks, something tedious and repetitive may be what I need to do to get away from that Ford.

Panther008.jpg

BTW, the three resin parts, what are they?

LOL, I seriously don't know which three parts you're writing about, I see the two spare roadwheels which match the Tamiya kit you're using. Can you point them out in the photo? I only sent things Panther related unless I screwed up and sent you something intended for someone else.

Regards,

They definitely are Panther D/A skirts and have no place on your G. I didn't even include enough for one side! They may be paper as well from Monroe Perdu:

b_1644_1.jpg

From my review at Track-Link.

The only way to know for sure is to find the rest of the sheet! Is there a Panther D/A in your future? If so, I will send the rest of the set.

Regards,

you must have had them stowed in the same bag as the full sheet of skirts. Can't say there's not an D in my future, it stands a better chance that a Ford Fairlane does...:rotf

Now this is what i'm talkin' about!

Recall this is the scheme I'm trying to get close to.

panther.jpg

Got to squirt some Brown and Green, Vallejo Model Air as a matter of fact.

Now Saul was kind enough to hook me up with some Monroe Perdu paper bazook shields. They are nice, heavy stock paper and they score very easily for "battle damage" effect. Now where I failed at was aligning the mounts correctly.

Panther015.jpg

As you can see the first skirt aligned fine, the skirts are suppose to overlap on the mounting points but as you can see in the second shot..

Panther016.jpg

They come up short.

I used the alignment slots that were molded in place on the Tamiya part just assuming they were correct. I didn't think far enough in advance to check if maybe the skirt mounting points were too wide, probably more accurate to the real deal. I did have a problem with laser cut paper mounts absorbing the CA I was attempting to use. I switched over to Kenny Loups Gator Glue and it worked like a charm.

So if you're going to use the lasercut paper skirts, test fit and use some acrylic glue!

Panther017.jpg

I got road wheels! Hat tip to Iron Mike for suggesting using a Circle Template for a mask, I painted the rubber black first then aligned the inner wheel with the correct size circle and squirted the Dark Yellow. OK, One got away from me but I'll have it taken care of when I get some black paint loaded back up in the AB.

Back