• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Christine! 58 Plymouth - Chrissy Is Red & White

Psyco Thriller Christine! 58 Ply ( Frame Work )

Ok here We go well be getting down to the Nitty Gritty ... 1st the body paint ...

hfa2f857_2015-09-22.JPG

hc0b3c4d_2015-09-22.JPG

The Body ... paint is a little too dark approaching reddish-maroon ... so I'll see if I can find another redder color ... the camera changed the color a bit ... :captain

ha323f06.JPG

Ok here's the bottom .... I hope to get it redder also ...

hf73c803.JPG

h3fdcb3b.JPG

I needed a place to be able to put batteries ... So that should explain the large hole I will fix the scratches .... :salute

Judging by the hole in da bottom, ya didn't prime this before ya sprayed it... Could help wit da color iffin ya did ;) :eek:ldguy

You don't see the white paint in the scratches ??? :skipper trust me I don't know how to get the right color ... the camera changed the shade a bit ... She's really dark red ... (y)

You don't see the white paint in the scratches ??? :skipper trust me I don't know how to get the right color ... the camera changed the shade a bit ... She's really dark red ... (y)

:blink Using flash by chance?

Nope ... the camera is on ASR anti shake/rattle ... this photo is in the dark on my desk just ahead of low light warning coming on .... :skipper

hdf43b2f.JPG

hfdb808d.JPG

h6ca02dc.JPG

The camera is a F2.8 1s ... but it is setting that automatically I must find that manuel and read up on this thing ... The last Photo is real close to the shade she is so ... you see See needs a little more red in her ... :woohoo:

h0dd3548.JPG

Dang I think she's coming alive I must go evil has taken over my desktop :eek:hmy: :woohoo: ... :woohoo: I must run away to the Man cave ... I'll be safe there ...

No worries it only goes after the people who make fun :drinks

Thanks I35, should be able to order the paint tomorrow, the red I used just weren't red enough, thanks for checking it out, also getting the wiring for the motor. I've been broke, may be broker tomorrow funny letter from Social sec.gov when I got home. :woohoo: :eek:hmy: :idonno

Thanks I35, should be able to order the paint tomorrow, the red I used just weren't red enough, thanks for checking it out, also getting the wiring for the motor. I've been broke, may be broker tomorrow funny letter from Social sec.gov when I got home. :woohoo: :eek:hmy: :idonno

:hmmm :popcorn

All righty then I get My Tamiya Red Spray for Christine today, So I'm bringing Her Up out of the Depths of MA. Also while cleaning the Bench off I found some Nano red LED's that I bought for some HO caboose side lanterns, I think Christine needs tail lights also, Hurry UPS!!!

I'm ordering those Soon One step at a time, Niagara Falls, slowly I turn, Inch By Inch, Step By Step :soldier :ro: :dude

Well fellers I quit this project awhile back because I was getting too much photographic help from Ed. so I'm back on it now.

hef33d02.JPG

Ok this morning I did a little Micro mesh sanding on the roof of Chrissy

hf552c6e.JPG

this is 6000 grit to take orange peel out, my opinion cheap paint (Dollar Store) was what I used.

he88421a.JPG

after the 12000 grit we get some decent shine

hfd70b83_2015-11-21.JPG

Got the Tamiya Red now

he9250da.JPG

hd90b73c.JPG

Ok I sprayed the roof with the Tamiya see any difference?

That looks better!

B)

Thanks Warren, I like this Tamiya stuff, & to be frank the requests for spray paints has been increasing lately. I may have to look into carrying this line. Stay tune same Chrissy channel.

cool she is back :popcorn

Yea, took me awhile to get over Her replacing, my desktop with her photo, still a mistery as to how that happened. the temp has dropped 20 degrees over night I must go light the pilot light on the big furnace. I hope I can keep it warm enough to paint. Chrissy Has missed Me. :woohoo:

Back