• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Christine! 58 Plymouth - Chrissy Is Red & White

Psyco Thriller Christine! 58 Ply Chrissy Is Red !!

Strip it, grey primer as James suggested then white. :popcorn

Yeah I should of striped the white again, I'm thinking this Games-Workshop stuff is the trouble ... :soldier

hd2d60a7_2015-11-24.JPG

Before Games-Workshop Or Citadel ... Skull white primer ... :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

h429e873.JPG

Sprayed some Polly Scale Milwaukee Grey on it notice a little reaction as far as I know, there isn't any red paint on it but the Skull White seems to be the trouble ... I'll let it dry today then spray it again after sanding a bit ... :soldier :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

Gerry, it looks like it's giving you a fight but you'll get it. Personally, I'd strip it all the way to the plastic and then shoot the grey on it. You've got too many layers of paint that is reacting to each other. Get them all off and start fresh with the grey and then everything should smooth right out and your white will be white and glassy smooth. yeah, it's a pain in the nether regions to do, but it's just about the only way to do it with a minimum of fight.

Looking forward to seeing more.

I got it guys & gals, Chrissy is gonna be great looking soon, 1st coat Polly scale Reefer white drying as We speak, according to Mike about 20 mins between coats, so she drying a bit right now ...

h2878df5_2015-11-24.JPG

Ok some didn't see where I had cleaned & sanded as best I could so here's where I started. Bare slate almost

hd2d60a7_2015-11-24-2.JPG

I had sprayed about two or three coats of Citadel skull White primer on ... and the red showed through

h429e873_2015-11-24.JPG

So I had sprayed some Polly scale Milwaukee Road Grey on but there was a little spot that rose up, and I thought oh no another reaction.

hdd667d6.JPG

It all looked very good tonight when I got home ... :coolio

h10cb17a.JPG

So Here iks the Reefer white 1st coat, it spattered some but that will rub out, still getting AB down.

C&C - Welcome - Gerry

Righty-O MP just blew 2nd coat on, will need rubbing, I doer later after sShe dries a bit .... :good:

I've tried sanding rubbing painting .... :smack

hdd667d6_2015-11-25.JPG

h10cb17a_2015-11-25.JPG

h434fb31.JPG

I'm going to strip Her down to the plastic tonight or this evening also going to buy some good primer at the Dollar store :rotf

Here's what I was talkin' about for blocking the bleed thru http://www.krylon.com/products/triplethick-crystal-clear-glaze/

Thanks fellers, Yes she's a tough nut to crack, But I love Her cause I don't won't anymore trouble's I think She's possessed, :hmmm :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

Yes I'll be taking all paint off the roof, so I can start over again with fresh White paint. I think the bleed thru stopped with the coat of grey primer, just the white paint is old and cracks as it dries... (y) :drinks

That cracking is from not letting an undercoat cure out before the next coat, think. Strip it, grey primer and then white.

I also tend to prefer using the same brand primer as the paint I intend to use. I've had bad luck in the past trying to mix paints...even though they were supposed to be the same types (but very well could've just been bad luck).

All-Righty Then, Last night I sanded down to the grey primer, I could still see the winkle cracks running trough the paint ... So I got out my stripper and took it back down to the plastic (Red-Iish Orange)

h95ab191.JPG

ha954ddf.JPG

I sprayed the GWS White primer on, the some, white enamel (Dollar general ... the coat looks good no cracking of the paint but since the bleed through is gong to happen. I'm going to town to get some gravel for our drive way. The Wife's car is having trouble getting in without bottoming out and 6" - 8" of rain coming tonight, so I'll pick-up some grey primer while I'm there. Cye-Ya

Dear Gerry.

...it is looking very good,now! :good:

Best!

Luiz

Back