• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Christine! 58 Plymouth - Chrissy Is Red & White

Psyco Thriller Christine! 58 Ply Chrissy Is Red !!

On the top, I was looking at pictures I think it's not supposed to be red.

h853f2cc_2015-11-23.JPG

hcc00319_2015-11-23.JPG

anyway I have these goodies to goon her

hb82f020.JPG

Dang ! :bat Dang ! :bat Dang ! :bang head

Looking good Gerry! (Except for that part that is supposed to be white.)

You know what they Say Kenny "The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men Gang aft agley" Dang-it yes I'll bet the red will be hard to cover .... But I'll get it I got the old AB working again, I think I need a regulator though ... :bang head

Meh, the red will cover just fine. Just make sure to toss a thin coat of primer down before the white. ;)

That's what I was Planning ... I have white primer ... I just need to tape her up some. I painted my floats for the Tiger moth & used that frog tape stuff, I did have a little bleed though ... so I might need another tape to use. :bang head

That's what I was Planning ... I have white primer ... I just need to tape her up some. I painted my floats for the Tiger moth & used that frog tape stuff, I did have a little bleed though ... so I might need another tape to use. :bang head

Try burnishing the tape down real good Gerry. That's what I've been doin'. :good:

Thanks Ed, I got my AB working very good, now been painting some, purty cool here though :good:

Seal the tape with either a light coat of the body color or some clear, that will stop any bleed. I highly recommend Tamiya masking tape and Tamiya white spray primer. Rock on. :ro:

Well we've had a bit of a break through ... red broke through the white primer ... :bang head

h2878df5.JPG

I taped her all off, sprayed white primer on the top noticed some crinkling paint, so after the reaction all had to be scrapped off. :facepalm

h2c70ddc.JPG

I re-sprayed the top with primer again, then lower driver side roof more trouble so I had to fix that.

hd2fa27a.JPG

hd2d60a7.JPG

Letting Her dry over night should be a white top soon :woohoo: :smack :good:

Thanks James, I think I saved the top ... :woohoo: must have been a combo of Skull white, Dollar General Red, Tamiya Red & Skull white again ... i still think i's bleeding trough a little bit. :hmmm :idonno :good:

Thanks Luiz, Time will tell if I got this or not, the top was so nice & Red and shiny, I wish I had of looked at the box sooner. :bang head :idonno :hmmm :smack

Thanks James, I think I saved the top ... :woohoo: must have been a combo of Skull white, Dollar General Red, Tamiya Red & Skull white again ... i still think i's bleeding trough a little bit. :hmmm :idonno :good:

I have found the best way to prevent red bleeding through the white is to mist on a couple of coats of light grey over the red. Just enough to cover, then do the white. No bleed through.
:popcorn
James

Thanks James, after scrapping the top you wouldn't think there was that much red left. :hmmm :idonno (y)

One thing I used to do when I painted my dad's rentals was, shoot a Clear coat over red spots (&even black ones) to keep it from bleeding thru & then hit it with some KILZ primer. I used some stuff artists use when doing pencil sketches & such.

It is a bit of a Unusual problem as the bleed through is from the plastic itself, I'm gonna go and try the grey that James suggested, as she's pinkish orange this morning. :ro: :dude

Back