• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Christine! 58 Plymouth - Chrissy Is Red & White

Swordsman

I'll play ... :woohoo:

h06e0413.jpg

John Carpenter's 1983 Classic Psychological thriller .... Christine !!!

h1331273.jpg

h3b428cb.jpg

https://youtu.be/jddcivXboqs

h9eda210.JPG

On New Year's Eve, Leigh calls Dennis, asking to come talk to him about Arnie. Dennis and Leigh reason that the only way to stop Christine and save Arnie is to destroy the car. Dennis scratches "Darnell's Tonight" into Christine's hood, then makes his way there with Leigh. As they sit in the bulldozer, they discuss how to lure Christine so they can destroy her. The plan set, Dennis hotwires the bulldozer and Leigh exits to head to the office so that she can shut the door after Christine arrives, trapping the car. However, Christine had been lying in wait the entire time under a pile of garbage and charges after Leigh as soon as her feet hit the floor. Leigh runs from Christine as Dennis attempts to run interference. The car returns to the shadows to regenerate and when it emerges, it's revealed that Arnie is behind the wheel (all the other times when she attacked, her windows were too dark to see inside, but Arnie was not driving). While attempting to kill Leigh by crashing into Darnell's office, Arnie is thrown through Christine's windshield. When he attempts to stand and grabs her, Leigh sees that he was impaled on a shard of glass and mortally wounded. Before he dies, he reaches out and touches Christine one last time. Leigh exits the remains of the office to tell Dennis that Arnie is dead. Even without her owner, Christine is not done. She continues to attack Dennis and Leigh, sustaining damage and regenerating even faster than before. Dennis pulls Leigh into the cab of the bulldozer and the two then crush Christine with it, finally disabling her for good.

hcfd2cf6.jpg

Dennis and Leigh leave behind the remains of the car at a junkyward, crushed into a cube. They are spooked momentarily when they hear an old rock and roll song playing and they think it's Christine regenerating (she only played old rock and roll songs). They are relieved to find that it's only a mechanic walking through with a radio. The closing shot of the film is a close up of the crushed cube as a piece of the grill slowly begins to unbend.

h121eaa6.jpg

The last two are for you Fearless Leader .... :mpup

This is the Movie Trailer .... Enjoy ... :yipee

https://youtu.be/O08w8CegEeg

Psyco Thriller Christine! 58 Ply ( Start - Up )

This will be a 1:25 AMT Kit ... I hope to get the lights to work ... :coolio

Thanks Luiz & Dave ... I'll be getting my Start-up pics on here today busy day ... Yesterday ... I ran out of the Depot ... as my shops Building was sold ... and there was a Wine, Dine, Meet & Greet the New Owner ... at the winery ... So I left My Camera & Briefcase there, and can't get the start-ups ... :v

Thanks Guy's ... The Movie is based on a Stephen King Book ...

https://youtu.be/0EQ41beVcXE

The Movie is by John Carpenter .... Enjoy ... Sweet Dreams .... MAHaaaa, MAHaaaa, MAHaaaa

Official Start-Up .... Photos ...

h39bcc32.JPG

h93c1dd3.JPG

hc8f8559.JPG

ha0ed1cb.JPG

There you go box closed enveloped in Plastic wrap ... Box open parts in Plastic bags ... :woohoo: (y) :woohoo:

Thanks Dave ... I've started the motor work ... cut parts off the sprue ... but have spent the last Hour looking for the Depot's Glue ... :captain :captain :facepalm (y)

Well I found the glue about 4:30 in afternoon ... spent most of the day moving & packing stuff people had pawned off on me at the depot ... so here's some Motor work ...
h193770e.JPG

hc63e888.JPG

h2e3d34d.JPG

hde36ee0.JPG

hb06cca2.JPG

Lots to do on this one see ya in the Am .... :pilot :soldier :woohoo:

John Carptenter's Psyco Thriller Christine! 58 Ply

Ooooh an orange engine that sure is an bright color to model in aint it Gerry :popcorn

Ooooh an orange engine that sure is an bright color to model in aint it Gerry :popcorn

The kit is molded in red it says ... this is one that should have had multi-colored sprues ... Hurts my eyes to look at this motor and it doesn't Photo well ... this morning she's getting painted Silver ... :skipper

Help I'm seeing Red !!!

h90272b1.JPG

Heads installed ... She's Got Brains !!!

hd53780e.JPG

Intake installed .... Now She can Breath ... next I'm going to paint this motor silver ... so I can see it ... :skipper

hbca2d3f.JPG

h0707f92.JPG

The Seats have all the great detail of the Fifty's check out the ash tray ...

h49f1660.JPG

h30587a1.JPG

h6e93027.JPG

Now the Frame ... Yes it's Red Too ... will be Black soon ... Off to the Bunker ... for some closer inspection of seam lines & what not ... :skipper Ya

Psyco Thriller Christine! 58 Ply ( Motor Work )

I couldn't stand that Motor ... I kept seeing Red ... :smack

h83094b2.JPG

Now I'm seeing Double ... Pink !!! .... Seams Skull White makes Pink ... :woohoo:

h2e3c0f8.JPG

h2dca33e.JPG

After that I painted it with Gunze Silver ... The pink Rockers will cover ...

h64756af.JPG

Bottom view .....

h2116273.JPG

hbe34efc.JPG

Then I added the Headers .... I don't think they are Hooker's Dave ... :rotf

ok I scraped the headers ... repainted them ...

hac43743.JPG

hd0131d7.JPG

h33fe416.JPG

he2071c1.JPG

Then I washed the whole motor with Nulin Oil ... Citadel :drinks

I realize there are still some seams esp. on the tail housing ... I'll fix them tonight ...

C & C Welcome ... :woohoo:

Well the seam is fixed ... I painted all the gloss black Items for the inside of motor compartment ... I'm waiting for same to dry ... the Humidity here in Texas is a killer & 100 degrees again today ... I feel like I'm in Houston ...

https://youtu.be/yfOhSDeRW-E

The paint might be dried this evening I also need to paint the valve cover Gold/Silver ??? I hope that's Brass color as that'll be where I'm going ...

C & C welcome .... Catch cya later alligator .... :salute

Back