• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bomber Command II

Why are we so proud of Airfix ? The British company bought out by China who is currently manufacturing kits in India (y)
Just who should we be proud of ?

No offense but they can't hardly be thought of as a British product.

On the other hand , their kits are so much nicer but just looking at the Blenheim, the plastic is very soft and the way they are attached to the sprue tree will require more work to clean up.

Overall, still looking forward to building their new and improved kit very much (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Bomber II Campaign Reference

:smack
You got over a year to git'er done Warren. :popcorn

Ok, ok, I'll bite!

Let me find something!!

:rotf Hope I didn't hurt your arm twistin' it. :coolio

Can't hurt rubber!

:D

Hey Warren, didn't you pick up a KI-48 Lily ? If so, it builds up pretty nice and it's easy . :) Just saying :coolio

Hey Christian,

must be thinking of someone else or you can read my mind. It is on the list to get but I was waiting until AZ Models re-did their molds.

I picked up a couple KI-2 Sally's, maybe that's what you were thinking of? :hmmm

Ok, ok, I'll bite!

Let me find something!!

Can't hurt rubber!

Hey Warren, didn't you pick up a KI-48 Lily ? If so, it builds up pretty nice and it's easy . :) Just saying :coolio

Hey Christian,

must be thinking of someone else or you can read my mind. It is on the list to get but I was waiting until AZ Models re-did their molds.

I picked up a couple KI-2 Sally's, maybe that's what you were thinking of? :hmmm

That would be correct Warren but I thought you had picked a Lily as wee. Manufactured before Hasegawa bought the molds . Must have been some other modeler :rotf

Ok, ok, I'll bite!

Let me find something!!

Can't hurt rubber!

Hey Christian,

That would be correct Warren but I thought you had picked a Lily as wee. Manufactured before Hasegawa bought the molds . Must have been some other modeler :rotf

Maybe I should double check... Chances are I might have bought one and forgot about t
It :eek:ldguy

Hi everyone

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but:

1. can I join?
2. What do I have to do to join?
3. Any specification on the model to be assembled?

I would like to contribute a Hasegawa Mitsubishi G4M2 Betty in 1/72 with PE from Eduard. Either the kit with the Yokosuka MXY7 Okha (Bakka) or another one (G4M2A model 24) from the 762 Kokutai, IJN. Your pick!

Thanks,

Alex

Hi everyone

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but:

1. can I join?
2. What do I have to do to join?
3. Any specification on the model to be assembled?

I would like to contribute a Hasegawa Mitsubishi G4M2 Betty in 1/72 with PE from Eduard. Either the kit with the Yokosuka MXY7 Okha (Bakka) or another one (G4M2A model 24) from the 762 Kokutai, IJN. Your pick!

Thanks,

Alex

First off, around here, there's no such thing as a stupid question.
Yes, you may join this campaign (y) The Betty should fit right in...
Glad to have you in on this :drinks

Don't see why not Alex . It's a bomber.

Start a new thread under bomber command .

Post a picture of the unstarted kit with a date stamp on the thread.

Cheers, Christian B)

Could I get a ruling on a couple birds that may not qualify as a "bomber" per the campaign as they are on the small side. But they are dedicated ground pounders. Just looking at options that can cross over to a NATO build at BM.

1.) A-10A Thunderbolt II (aka Warthog) This one I know is really iffy...as it's more of a CAS bird than a bomber.

2.) F-111E/F Aardvark This one may be a little small, and carry a small payload...but it's role was that of a medium-range, low level, precision bomber/attack plane.

Another one that could double as part of my CVW-11 build, but like the F-111, due to it's physical size and lack of internal stores, I'm not sure would qualify.

1.) A-6E TRAM Intruder Medium bomber/attack aircraft.

Cheers. :drinks

Maybe I missed it, but would an aircraft like an A Skyraider, or say an A-10 Thunderbolt or Soviet SU-25 Frogfoot be included?

I believe this is what Ian had in mind. "I was thinking more of 'traditional' multi engine types...surely there's enough choice there isn't there ??"

Let's strive to conform to the build and not make the build conform to our stash. :rotf

:laugh:

GOT IT! Hey it never hurts to ask, but yes, there are plenty to choose from!

Chris, from earlier in this thread it's been established we're looking for aircraft that were intended and designed for single role of a bomber. Pretty sure all those aircraft were designed from the get go as Attack aircraft. Lets keep it in the traditional sense of a multi engine bomber.

I have to add that Mr T voiced that he was looking toward WW II time frame multi engine but check with him .

Chris, from earlier in this thread it's been established we're looking for aircraft that were intended and designed for single role of a bomber. Pretty sure all those aircraft were designed from the get go as Attack aircraft. Lets keep it in the traditional sense of a multi engine bomber.

Non-precision, mass ground peppering aircraft. 10-4. This is why I ask. :good:

Though one could argue the A-6...it could carry more bombs, further, faster than a B-17. :evil:

But I won't. ;)

Back to digging.

Back