• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Bomber Command II

Chris, from earlier in this thread it's been established we're looking for aircraft that were intended and designed for single role of a bomber. Pretty sure all those aircraft were designed from the get go as Attack aircraft. Lets keep it in the traditional sense of a multi engine bomber.

Non-precision, mass ground peppering aircraft. 10-4. This is why I ask. :good:

Though one could argue the A-6...it could carry more bombs, further, faster than a B-17. :evil:

But I won't. ;)

Back to digging.

Yep, that's what 25 years of development and a couple of good jet engines will get ya. :good:

I'll punt to Terry and Ian on the A-26 Dave. :frantic

No, I think from what I've read that the A-10s wouldnt count.
And on that note I didnt read enough to realize that this was supposed to be a WWII theme so I'll move my AEG G.IV out of here also.
James

James I think you AEG would surely be allowed, it was designed as a multi-engine level bomber so press on. :pilot

I concur with Bob on that James! I think the biggest problem is that with the modern aircraft there are multi role planes that don't count.

Here are some examples that work:[ul]
[li]B-52[/li]
[li]B-47[/li]
[li]B-50[/li]
[li]B-1[/li]
[li]B-2[/li]
[li]B-17[/li]
[li]B-29[/li]
[/ul]
Notice the B designation? Stands for bomber.

WW2 stuf can be a hot mess as planes had their roles changed during the production span. Here are more examples:[ul]
[li]Ju88 A1 Bomber[/li]
[li]Do17Z Bomber[/li]
[li]He111 P1 Bomber[/li]
[li]Ju88 A4 Bomber[/li]
[li]Ju88 G6 Night fighter (not a bomber)[/li]
[li]SM.79 Torpedo Bomber (not a bomber)[/li]
[li]FW190 F8 Ground attack (not a bomber similar role to A-10 Thus the A standing for Attack)[/li]
[/ul]

Hope that is all clear as mud. :blink

Yes but it is WWI and not WWII. So in the spirit I already moved it to War to end all Wars.
James

Funny, the original thread said "Any bomber any era". Should have said "strategic bomber". It would have removed a lot of confusion. Gary

On this subject, not likely Gary. F111 was a bomber in SAC...:bang head

James, you're good under the "any era" clause. :popcorn

Hi Moon puppy, What I meant by "strategic", was the concept. Not SAC per say, ie the Lancaster and the He-111 were bombers used in the strategic sense of the word. The F-111 and the F-117 should not, in my opinion even be called a fighter. Now I need to figure out hoe to join the desert storm campaign for one of my A-10's. Thanks Gary PS I'm really enjoying this forum

WARNING - WARNING This is your official two week warning, time to get those bombers out of their revetments and into the finished column !

Back