• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Blackbeard 54mm

This has been a long haul to finish. I started in early January and just finished this week. It took so long as Maurizio did such a great job on sculpting and all the little extra details. All comments and critiques are welcome and encouraged.
The base was extended about 1/4 of and inch to fit the Ken Thomas base. As there was a corner missing on the base I filled it in with a wooden beam to stay in sync with the wharf. :cheer:
The axe handle was painted a darker wood at Maureen's suggestion to make it stand out from the barrel.
blackbeard3.jpg

There is a little more blue in the eyes as they are looking slighty up, than shows in the photo.

blackbeard0.jpg

blackbeard10.jpg

blackbeard5.jpg

blackbeard6.jpg

Some how I missed a complete back view.
This was a great figure to assemble and paint. The only thing to add is a name plate.
I am thinking black with brass lettering to blend a little with the base.
Hope that you enjoy the figure.
Cheers
John

John,

He is asbolutely splendid :cheer:

I love the smooth transitioning of the blended colours, the face has great character.

For me it was well worth the wait for JBs new piece :woohoo:

Thats awesome. Is it oils or acrylics? I could stare at it for quite some time.
James

Well John , I have always been a huge fan of your figure painting but this IMHO is your best ever work . This is amazing . It makes me want to sing Lauras pirate song !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMeLqP1A5O4

Jenny :kiss:

Iron Mike ~ James ~ Laura ~ Jenny ~ Dioramix.
Thanks for looking and your very nice comments.

James: I paint the flesh in oils and the rest is oil over acrylic base coat.

Jenny: Thanks for the song :laugh:

Cheers
John

Well John I have to say that you have done a fantastic job. Really really nice! I hope I get to see it up close.

Terry B)

:woohoo: john he is amazing! I remember what he looked like a few weeks ago and I must say with your guidance and patience I may be able to paint a semi decent figure :lol:

Back