• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle of Quatre Bras, June, 1815

French Cuirassiers

This pony rider is finally done, minus the weathering. I really enjoyed working this last figure, it was rather painless compared to the first nine figures. The only issue that just wouldn’t go away was the tassel on top of the helmet. I couldn’t keep from dinkin that thing every time I handle this guy. It is now safely set aside so I don’t lose it. I’ll be placing this figure directly to the base now because of sword scabbard placement, head dress, and the delicate base work within the immediate area; the less handling, the better.

_DSC0708b-vi.jpg
_DSC0712b-vi.jpg

_DSC0716b-vi.jpg
_DSC0718b-vi.jpg

_DSC0713b-vi.jpg

The breast plate was treated with Uschi Polishing Paste, Blitz Rounds Set A, Item 4014. This is some incredible stuff as are all of Alex’s products. I used this set for all the brass and gold work on this entire project. Make sure your work area is well ventilated, the paste fumes are brutal and so is the thinner required for clean-up. The set can be found here: https://www.uschivdr.com/shopping-categories/shop-paints-paste/metallic-polishing-paste/

You may have noticed the French Rifleman has not been featured since his completion. He’s already been attached to the base for some of the same reasons as listed above, only with him it was his thumb that kept getting knocked off, lol.

Now that the figures have been completed, I will work each one separately by weathering them to match the base, add dirt work, wound details, and blood splatter, etc. Once that’s done it will be off to the photo bench to close out his incredible set of figures.

Thanks for watching. Cheers, Ski.

I guess this paste is different than the pigments? Looks great, they have some really cool products.

I guess this paste is different than the pigments? Looks great, they have some really cool products.
Yep, interesting stuff they have. I prefer the paste, which is really more like a thick paint. The metalics are much richer and are much easier to apply, IMHO.

42nd Highland Infantry Regiment "Black Watch" at the Battle of Quatre Bras, June, 1815
54mm Resin, Sculpted by Vladimir Danilov, offered by Castle Miniatures.

These figures were painted with oils over an acrylic base. Only the tartans were painted in acrylics with a minor oil wash. The base is a chunk of drift wood found locally along the river with air clay added as the base for the figures, along with standard ground work to finish the affect.

This is an incredibly well sculpted set, especially in this scale, and was a taunting challenge I just couldn’t pass up. This was truly a fun run and well worth stretching my comfort zone. These figures are Classic!

_DSC01-vi.jpg
_DSC01a-vi.jpg

_DSC02-vi.jpg
_DSC02a-vi.jpg
_DSC02b-vi.jpg

_DSC02c-vi.jpg
_DSC03-vi.jpg
_DSC04-vi.jpg

_DSC05-vi.jpg
_DSC06-vi.jpg
_DSC06b-vi.jpg

_DSC07-vi.jpg
_DSC08-vi.jpg
_DSC09-vi.jpg

_DSC10-vi.jpg
_DSC11-vi.jpg
_DSC11a-vi.jpg

_DSC12-vi.jpg
_DSC12a-vi.jpg
_DSC13-vi.jpg

Cheer, Ski.

steve
Its one of the very best pieces of work i have seen on here, I like the set up, the pastel tones and the flesh. the flag is little masterpiece of its own
what can i say ?. Just so impressed. :vgood:

:notworthy
So much to take in, even after watching this all come together there's so much to see. Wonderful work Steve!

Thank you very much, Gentlemen. I appreciate the kind words and thanks for following along.

It's strange to step back and look at all those bright colors from way back then. Not exactly tactical, but then again, chivalry was still alive back then, too. HA!

Now it's time to figure out what's next, hmmmm. I'll keep yall posted.

Thanks, Gents!

Back