• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Big plans "Update 4/21/17 "

Big plans "Update 7/30/16 "

...and Becks is still a good strong lager !! - Superb workmanship.

Ian.

(y) :notworthy B)

Massive project - I love all the little details everywhere that will make this a scene to l;ook at for hours when you are finished.
Great modelling.

Ian.

funny-kid-drinking-beer-from-5l-barrel-445x299.jpg

:drinks

Mike , that pic is soooo cool , I didn't know you had pics of Pup as a kid ...................................

Didn't get much done just a chain link fence , screwed up tho , I've got the links one direction on the distressed fence section and the other on the long sections ................................. rat farts ........

This is going to keep growing you know. There is the street and surrounding area yet to build. Pappa Bob is rubbing off on you. :D

Thanks guys , if you say it looks ok , then it looks ok .

Heavens Eagle , it was back in the mid , maybe late 80's when I got my copy of SUPER DIORAMAS featuring Lewis Pruneau and a guy named Bob Letterman .
I was stunned at the work I saw inside , so stunned I got back into modeling . Something that I had not done since the mid 60's .
These guys became my instant heroes , some people had Mickey Mantle , John Wayne , Clint Eastwood as heroes , not me my new heroes were Lewis Pruneau and Bob Letterman .
Although Steve McQueen is right after them .

It was a golden age , another guy named F. Verlinden did the unthinkable , aftermarket products for dios and vehicles , photo etch , plaster buildings , bunkers .

At the time [ as far as I know ] this was something totally new and I loved it , I bought everything .
I still have a lot of that eras stuff .
The tank with the Becks sign is from a very , very old Verlinden destroyed factory kit .

Well then came Jaguar , Warriors , Yanks , and very soon many , many more till you've got the manufactures you've got today .
Every time I read someones complaints about little inaccuracies in todays after market products I laugh .

Ask Bob Letterman and Lewis Pruneau how they made things that were not kits , ......... they scratchbuilt EVERYTHING , buildings , roads , bridges etc. !!!

Now it's funny how one of my heroes is on a site who I know and can talk to right here on MA .

God bless you Bob and tell Lewis I love him too , ............. and thanks for being a major part of modeling history .

After a month and a half , working at the schools fer opening day and splittin and stackin 4 cords of firewod .......... I've got some work done on the never ending project .
A little water tower , still a bit to go , weathering and such , ladders , ivy but you get the idea .

Back