• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix Mustang in the Shed

Something someone else may consider. Korean War F-51D flown by John "Jet" Taylor of Texas flying with a cobra painted along the entire length of the bottom of the aircraft. I need to find more details...
1698767015380.png

I was trying to close up the fuselage today but things just weren't lining up so I pulled it all apart to see where I screwed up.
The duct work for the oil cooler and radiator, I question why even have it, was binding things up, I finally noticed that the upper joint for the sides were not square or even. I had to deglue and cut the parts apart. I decided to leave that assembly floating so to say.
1699843141303.png

that duct work is supposed to be attached to the bottom of the floor assembly. That's where I screwed up.
1699843192527.png

It really doesn't matter if that's glued in or not at this point.

1699843265583.png

Dry fit is MUCH better now.

@moon puppy, look at the kill markings...Do they seem painted on to you? What is going to do with tape? I am surprised no one mentioned it yet...
View attachment 163500
I always thought they were stick on decals. Seems I saw a photo years ago with them attaching the kill flags on a jug, no I never thought they were painted on because they were too consistent.

Started priming. This chin panel under the carb air intake. Single panel?
1702256822133.png

I got to clean up that seam but I also need to know if there should be a panel there or not.

Back