• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Accurate Miniature RAF Mustang Mk-1A

From your pictures it looks like the prop tip yellow is a bit over size. The standardized size was 4 inches (0.08 in or 2 mm in 1/48). A larger size actually made it less likely to register with the Mk I eyeball.

Cheers,
Rich

From your pictures it looks like the prop tip yellow is a bit over size. The standardized size was 4 inches (0.08 in or 2 mm in 1/48). A larger size actually made it less likely to register with the Mk I eyeball.

Cheers,
Rich
Thank you! Man, I am glad you guys know this stuff. It didnt occur to me to ask. I just guessed since the instructions didnt say. It just said black with yellow tips. So they were yellow for a reason?

Thank you! Man, I am glad you guys know this stuff. It didnt occur to me to ask. I just guessed since the instructions didnt say. It just said black with yellow tips. So they were yellow for a reason?
Yes, it is a safety warning to identify the diameter of the prop when rotating and, hopefully, prevent the ground crew from walking into the disc.

Cheers,
Rich

Must be that N GA shine I hear about. :Drinks:
My father-in-law ran "shine" before joining the army. I loved his stories about his car chases and near misses. Man, the power of the cars he had must've been something. Funny he ended up a master sargeant MP and set up military government in captured locations in Korea. At least, those were the stories. Go figure.

Back