• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix Mustang in the Shed

1702781313766.png

It's shiny.
1702781342005.png

The title of this thread makes me think you’ve got an actual P51, ya know like Top Gun Maverick

@jeaton01 Unless you got it printed out don't worry about the decal. I'm going out of box with one of the schemes I have just to wrap this up. I'm wanting to get over to the MacRobertson racers.

I do not know why I had such a problem painting the spinner. Painted, stripped and sanded like 3-4 times.
1704242476300.png

And still not thrilled about this job.

BTW, might want to inspect the airflow on our airbrushes some time. Mine was sputtering pretty bad, did a full break down and did get some extra junk out. But still had something wrong.

The glob of junk came out of the quick connect and there was similar goop in the valve housing.
1704242603549.png

Sprays a lot better now!

Thank you James you are way too kind on this. If I ever do a checkboard again I need to figure out how to paint it.

Decals were created by the devil so he could have a good chuckle watching us try to put them on. Bastard...

It DOES look really good on the monitor!

Back