• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GMC Jimmy Deuce and a half

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
The original GMC Jimmy...according to Wiki.

I'm going for the CCKW 352 Short Wheel base.

So this well battered box has made the rounds a good bit. @jknaus James had it in Canada, it made it's way around the Southern States of the USA. Got back to me, one idea was to make it a WIF Gun truck. I'm not sure yet.

1705279158389.png

I had started this thing a while back thinking of doing a hard top long wheel base. Talking to @errains the other week I told him I was scared of the short wheel base because surgery was needed on the frame of the donor kit but when I looked at the box again the other day I saw the frame is in there. Just a lot of resin, old resin.

1705279434717.png

I started the Tamiya kit a long time ago so the suspension is pretty set on this frame. I guess I'll get another donor Tamiya kit and start new. I picked up a Studebaker truck the other day but realized it's not really that much different so what's the point.

1705279622238.png

Anyway, since I'm making such a mess of the Airfix Mustang I figure I mess with some old resin and see if I can straighten the frame out and get a unique CCKW on the shelf somewheres.

Back