• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 SCALE BLACK WIDOW - BANGED -UP OF COURSE

And there's not a flying example to be had, that's a crying shame. Guess that's the price they paid for serving as post war storm hunters and fire bombers.

:yipee
Thanks for the reference info Saul - much appreciated.

Still waiting for interior placards, seat belts and turret

Ahhh but there is a restoration underway.

http://www.maam.org/p61.html

Terry (y)

B) Someone had too much money - thanks for the link Terry.

Some progress
I got my placard set from Eduard in the mail - very tasty.

IMG_1540_zps2a0a129f.jpg

IMG_1541_zps5e842413.jpg

I also started modifying the broken wing-root - the added plastic is not pretty but will be hidden. I still need to add filler top the exposed plastic plug on the outside, drill out the broken rivet holes and sand off the rough edges etc. See the front on photo for reference.

IMG_1545_zps9d0557f4.jpg

I am still waiting for the email to say they have restocked the correct dorsal turret housing but here is the kit version that I am still unsure about - maybe I will end up using it?

IMG_1547_zps4c169dfb.jpg
IMG_1546_zpsfea1ef19.jpg

I will also wait for the correct decals that are apparently being done - I hope so as the hand painting will be difficult.
I started the floor and have included a shot just to show the nice counterweight position that Trumpeter have gone with for this kit.

IMG_1548_zps5ca1d5a0.jpg

Ian.

I started the floor and have included a shot just to show the nice counterweight position that Trumpeter have gone with for this kit.

Full marks to trumpeter for that, something that Great Wall Hobbies could learn from.

those brass guns look sweet!! Eduard placards are very cool! (y)

Looking good Ian! If you could thin out that wing root part some, remember that was just sheet metal. The .50s are killer!

The PE panels do add a lot of interest. :popcorn

Looking good Ian! If you could thin out that wing root part some, remember that was just sheet metal. The .50s are killer!

The PE panels do add a lot of interest. :popcorn

Thanks MP, yeah I still have a way to go on the thickness of the mod.
MP has also let me know about a fix to my engine detail which I am looking into at present :good:

I also got a note from relish after I posted, to say that the corrected B nose and the fixed turret are in, so I have ordered those and they are on the way.
:beer
Thanks Terry, MP, mike and Phil. more again soon.

Ian.

Okay you have me now. My parts are ordered from Relish and I think after the Corsair I might just give this a whirl. Looking really good Ian (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

UPDATE OCTOBER 2013

This is the latest progress I have made. I've been off the grid a bit due to work and some business trips overseas so hopefully I can make some headway now.

-I thinned out the damaged wing root on the outside as pointed out by MP on my last update.
-I also had to thin out the inside plastic base as the interior was affected by the thickness of the plastic card.
- cut a trench in the inner plastic sheet to allow for the interior bulkhead.
- received updated nose.
- received updated dorsal turret (fixed).
started adding the cockpit placards etc from Eduard.The instruments are nice with a semi gloss black surround that is causing the speckled surface due to light reflection.

IMG_1549_zpsa0a7fa1f.jpg

IMG_1556_zps7c5e2d88.jpg

IMG_1559_zps94b83210.jpg

IMG_1558_zps427b228f.jpg

IMG_1557_zpsc654a279.jpg

IMG_1560_zpsc8a57ffd.jpg

IMG_1563_zps4a9e91f9.jpg

IMG_1554_zpscc37d500.jpg

IMG_1553_zps0569d1c5.jpg

IMG_1552_zps46166823.jpg

IMG_1551_zps4b04d20b.jpg

IMG_1564_zpsab3f2c3d.jpg

Looking good. Mine is on temp hold until my PE gets here. For the wing roots, were the inserts not enough? Or should I look at adding more plastic in there over top of the inserts?
James

Back