• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 SCALE BLACK WIDOW - BANGED -UP OF COURSE

Not sure if you are interested, but Relish Models makes a corrected top turret, B nose, and the missing exhaust collector and outlet. They and AMS also make corrected props and hubs.

http://www.relishmodels.co.uk/relish-resins.html

James

:) Thanks Phantom and Arturius.

Not sure if you are interested, but Relish Models makes a corrected top turret, B nose, and the missing exhaust collector and outlet. They and AMS also make corrected props and hubs.

http://www.relishmodels.co.uk/relish-resins.html

James

You would show me that now wouldn't you ........
Ive glued the turret to the top body panel with liquid poly! What should I do - leave it?
I just read at the site that the pacific had certain p-61's with the fixed top turret as a mod and 'Spooky' was one of them.

:idonno it doesn't look all that different , just a bit flatter on the rear instead of the gentle curve.
...and I thought the props and spinners were OK.

??? HELP

Yeah I'd leave it. I am really not sure of the difference. I will be getting the exhaust kit and new nose for mine. As for the fixed guns, from what I have read the turret cause buffeting and control issues. They tried a bunch of mods. The fixed guns prevented issues as the turret slewed. The a/c you see with out the guns was because B-29s took precedence at the assembly lines and there were no spares for the P-61.
Didnt mean to cause a hiccup in the project, just wanted to let you know of some extras that are available.
James

it doesn't look all that different , just a bit flatter on the rear instead of the gentle curve.
...and I thought the props and spinners were OK.

??? HELP

go with it - it will look awesome when done !!! (y)

Hey Ian, I know you've seen it but just want to point out anyway. It looks like the gun bay on the bottom was ripped away when it was skidding across the ground. Notice the 20mm cannons in the debris field. Didn't know if you were planning on cutting that underside off or not.

:popcorn

No Problem James.
I have ordered the new turret and nose - just gotta' wait till they arrive. I got the other turret off OK.

onward & upward!

:Hiay
Thanks Sharkman, MrT, and Phil. ;)
Hey Ian, I know you've seen it but just want to point out anyway. It looks like the gun bay on the bottom was ripped away when it was skidding across the ground. Notice the 20mm cannons in the debris field. Didn't know if you were planning on cutting that underside off or not.

Thanks MP - YEP, already thinking on that one. I will have to shorten the debris field but the internals in the kit will get used as wreckage.
- I will also have to damage the under body behind the nose - notice the big 'ding' underneath.
- and there is the nightmare of the right wing root coming away - don't know if I am that game?

- I am unsure of the state of the undercarriage though. It looks as though it was never deployed but they were close enough on approach to hit the other plane, so where is it? Surely it was deployed.
?

Also if anyone has any good details for the cockpit layout I would appreciate any scans you can put -up. I don't have ant technical references for this aircraft at all- flying blind boys.

Ian.

Reading your first post Ian, The Spook clipped the top of the first aircraft that landed so I would guess the gear was deployed and was deposited about where the first aircraft was sitting. Maybe have a twisted brace or something littering the debris field but I think the majority of the gear would be out of the frame of view you have, unless you just want to add a mangled landing gear showing off your awesome modelling skills. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I am not sure what you need but plenty can be found online, if not, I can scan the manuals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FZxlIjQqiTk

Go to Zeno's Warbird Videos for images form the manual as well.

I believe this was mentioned before (perhaps in another Black Widow build) that the Mid Atlantic Air Museum is restoring a P-61. See here.

The following were already on my PC:

P-61turret.jpg

p61nightbinoculars.gif

p61pit.jpg

p61pit0001.jpg

p61pit2.jpg

p61bpitfront.gif

p61bpitright.gif

p61pitleft.gif

p61radiooperationsupper.gif

p61radiooperationslower.gif

scompartment.gif