• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 SCALE BLACK WIDOW - BANGED -UP OF COURSE

TOPANDBOTTOM_zps233dc9fb.jpg
In the rear view, the recovery crane is over at the left and in the front view, almost out of the picture at the right. Recovery is in progress so I concur with Bob that you could model it as she came to rest before the crane got there.

These cranes were capable of carrying a guillotine blade. This is still used till this day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM0JbEOICXo

Regards,

Thanks Saul,
I will definitely model with the undamaged tail spars.

STILL WAITING FOR THE MODEL TO ARRIVE THOUGH. :( :unsure:

I ordered it on the 27th May from Lucky model but it has not arrived yet. Hope it gets here next week as they don't usually take this long.

Ian.

(y)
The kit finally arrived yaa!
I hope these shots are enough to prove the date and unmade condition.
IMG_1503_zpsa0ba00d2.jpg

IMG_1504_zps2e2d2827.jpg

Question:
My issue now is I need a 'kickarse' cockpit set with all the placards, seat-belts, instrument dials etc as this area will be open. I don't think there is one available yet - does anyone have any info on a cockpit set?

Hey Ian , how's it goin man , .....

Your ref pic. looked familiar so I checked my wrecked plane stuff .
The P61 in your photo tried landing in a fog on Iwo and bounced off this plane before crashing [ seen in background of your original photo ] .

http://www.7thfighter.com/albums/index.php/Iwo-Jima-Crashes/342-FH-3A-42698-58880AC_p61_crash_548th_nfs

Love to watch your build !!!

Oh and check out the other ref. pics. some very interesting crash stuff on Iwo .......... right up your ally .

I'll have some pics in a couple of weeks when my cockpit arrives. Will post up for you.
James

(y)
The kit finally arrived yaa!
I hope these shots are enough to prove the date and unmade condition.
IMG_1503_zpsa0ba00d2.jpg

IMG_1504_zps2e2d2827.jpg

Question:
My issue now is I need a 'kickarse' cockpit set with all the placards, seat-belts, instrument dials etc as this area will be open. I don't think there is one available yet - does anyone have any info on a cockpit set?

Looks like a good start up picture Ian. (y)

Dear Ian.

...this should be very,very cool...in your hands a work of art...I´ll be :popcorn with a great interest...of course :soldier

Best regards!

Luiz.

Hey Ian , how's it goin man , .....

Your ref pic. looked familiar so I checked my wrecked plane stuff .
The P61 in your photo tried landing in a fog on Iwo and bounced off this plane before crashing [ seen in background of your original photo ] .

http://www.7thfighter.com/albums/index.php/Iwo-Jima-Crashes/342-FH-3A-42698-58880AC_p61_crash_548th_nfs

Love to watch your build !!!

Oh and check out the other ref. pics. some very interesting crash stuff on Iwo .......... right up your ally .

Thanks Glenn,
I have this photo, though It hadn't clicked with me that this was the other plane that Spooky hit on landing.
I also have quite a number of other photos from this website too but thanks for the link anyway ....some great shots.

Ian.

Dear Ian.

...this should be very,very cool...in your hands a work of art...I´ll be :popcorn with a great interest...of course :soldier

Best regards!

Luiz.

Thanks Luiz,
I do my best do trash it.... with style :coolio :D

Thanks Dusan, Mike and MP & Saul.
Looks like I will have to build around the cockpit until someone does a set - hopefully not to far away.

Ian

:) Some progress shots an' stuff.

Ok, the wings are 3/4 completed, as are the tail planes, spars and rear brace.
The cockpit area I have left alone as I am still hoping for a placard set.
It's all very ruff still so please ignore the unfinished look; this get my attention later.
IMG_1510_zpsbb5028c6.jpg

IMG_1509_zpsa78cc0f7.jpg

All the joins still need work with putty but the joy of belly landing a model is I don't have to worry about doing the wheel wells and belly seam. :laugh:

The engines have only been done to the detail that can be seen through the cowling front. When building this kit take your time with the radials as i rushed it a bit and didn't line -up all the right keys and meant I had some issues. The detail is ok but if i was going to show-off the engines i would probably go for an aftermarket kit.

IMG_1522_zps270ce8f4.jpg

The cowlings are clear - whatever - good if you want to super detail the motors but not paint the cowls.

IMG_1523_zpsfdfcb39b.jpg

IMG_1512_zps66e8f038.jpg

IMG_1512_zps66e8f038.jpg

The kit supplies you wit some simple PE for the engine intake openings - be careful as they are easy to bend into shape but fiddly to position because they bend easy.
IMG_1529_zps3b69e896.jpg

...and this is the fuselage side.

IMG_1526_zps4e968102.jpg

The fit on the panels was pretty good except for one side, but then that may have been me also. Be careful of the fitment between the engine spar and the wheel well inner - the trumpeter instructions are not clear and the part must go all the way to the back to allow the wing to fit properly .
Make sure that you test fit properly first.

IMG_1521_zpsa80dcf94.jpg

IMG_1515_zps947cb903.jpg
IMG_1514_zps29535d08.jpg

IMG_1514_zps29535d08.jpg

IMG_1524_zps3012c60a.jpg

IMG_1525_zpsa295db80.jpg

IMG_1525_zpsa295db80.jpg

Wing detail is nice and subtle.
IMG_1517_zps36a7198f.jpg

IMG_1520_zpsb31ffd75.jpg

The top turret will get some nice Masters barrels...I also attached a pic of the section from the instructions on the assembly of the turret.

IMG_1518_zpsfad0f439.jpg

IMG_1519_zps02c3c18b.jpg

IMG_1539_zps568d3688.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/3dbattleart/AIRCRAFT/ww2/P61%20BLACK%20WIDOW/
IMG_1539_zps568d3688.jpg

See you again shortly
Ian.

Looking good (y) (y) (y)
Eduard has detail sets now including the placards. Avionix has a cockpit and I put some pics in the Recently Acquired thread. Looking forward to more :popcorn
James

Looking good (y) (y) (y)
Eduard has detail sets now including the placards. Avionix has a cockpit and I put some pics in the Recently Acquired thread. Looking forward to more :popcorn
James

Thank for the info James, I will get some this week.
Is the cockpit set worth getting from Avionix? I presume it's resin but is there that much missing or wrong with the base kit?

Ian.

If you are getting the Eduard interior you should be okay. Looking at the resin, it does improve the cockpit. Funny think though, no one seems to have much for the radar operators station in back. Might have to get the Eduard to fix it up.

DSC03550.JPG

James

:) Some progress shots an' stuff.

Ok, the wings are 3/4 completed, as are the tail planes, spars and rear brace.
The cockpit area I have left alone as I am still hoping for a placard set.
It's all very ruff still so please ignore the unfinished look; this get my attention later.
IMG_1510_zpsbb5028c6.jpg

IMG_1509_zpsa78cc0f7.jpg

All the joins still need work with putty but the joy of belly landing a model is I don't have to worry about doing the wheel wells and belly seam. :laugh:

The engines have only been done to the detail that can be seen through the cowling front. When building this kit take your time with the radials as i rushed it a bit and didn't line -up all the right keys and meant I had some issues. The detail is ok but if i was going to show-off the engines i would probably go for an aftermarket kit.

IMG_1522_zps270ce8f4.jpg

The cowlings are clear - whatever - good if you want to super detail the motors but not paint the cowls.

IMG_1523_zpsfdfcb39b.jpg

IMG_1512_zps66e8f038.jpg

IMG_1512_zps66e8f038.jpg

The kit supplies you wit some simple PE for the engine intake openings - be careful as they are easy to bend into shape but fiddly to position because they bend easy.
IMG_1529_zps3b69e896.jpg

...and this is the fuselage side.

IMG_1526_zps4e968102.jpg

The fit on the panels was pretty good except for one side, but then that may have been me also. Be careful of the fitment between the engine spar and the wheel well inner - the trumpeter instructions are not clear and the part must go all the way to the back to allow the wing to fit properly .
Make sure that you test fit properly first.

IMG_1521_zpsa80dcf94.jpg

IMG_1515_zps947cb903.jpg
IMG_1514_zps29535d08.jpg

IMG_1514_zps29535d08.jpg

IMG_1516_zps2a7fa741.jpg.

IMG_1516_zps2a7fa741.jpg

IMG_1524_zps3012c60a.jpg

IMG_1525_zpsa295db80.jpg

IMG_1525_zpsa295db80.jpg

Wing detail is nice and subtle.
IMG_1517_zps36a7198f.jpg

IMG_1520_zpsb31ffd75.jpg

The top turret will get some nice Masters barrels...I also attached a pic of the section from the instructions on the assembly of the turret.

IMG_1518_zpsfad0f439.jpg

IMG_1519_zps02c3c18b.jpg

IMG_1539_zps568d3688.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/3dbattleart/AIRCRAFT/ww2/P61%20BLACK%20WIDOW/
IMG_1539_zps568d3688.jpg

See you again shortly
Ian.

Looking fine Ian :popcorn

Back