• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Tamiya.....ish Fw190 D-9 "Black 10"

mustang1989

Of all the aircraft models I've built in my life this one here is my favorite. This build took me about 4 months to get finished. Being a Tamiya it lends itself to a quick build. It was a run of the mill 1/48 Tamiya Fw190 D-9 with an Aires (pretty much complete engine and cockpit set), CMK undercarraige set, Model Master gun barrels and Aeromaster decals. Additionally, there was a slew of parts that I used from my spare Eduard Fw190 A8/ R2 kit to include the sliding canopy section, landing gear struts and doors (due to fact that Tamiya's landing gear is WAY too short), port side wing root cannon access panel, pitot tube, and instrument panel with PE. I also used a cowl gun access panel from an Eduard Fw190 D-9 kit that I had. The aircraft that I built is "Black 10" from I/JG26 surrendered in Flensburg in May of 1945. The aircraft was supposed to be shipped back to the U.S. for evaluation but never made the trip and was left in Germany. Odds are it ended up in the scrap heap. Anyways , noticeably visible is the half obscured Gruppe numeral on the side of the fuselage after it was reassigned from III Gruppe to I Gruppe as it was hastily painted over in the field.

uppTgi.jpg

efd2ke.jpg

GU9wUf.jpg

LQAS38.jpg

c5q5H6.jpg

46ZPJb.jpg

Very nice, i have never built this aires kit, was it made for Tamiya or was it for Hasegawa ?

I can see my Aires crown is under threat here :)

_DSC0009.jpg

Actually i am talking rubbish :) I never keep models, they usually go in the bin after a few weeks so i keep extensive photos instead of builds and finished kits. I just looked back in my "archives" and i built these two in 2010 and 2011 so i did build a Aires D9 and a D3....i just dont remember either :)

Dora2.jpgFW190 37.jpg

Actually i am talking rubbish :) I never keep models, they usually go in the bin after a few weeks so i keep extensive photos instead of builds and finished kits. I just looked back in my "archives" and i built these two in 2010 and 2011 so i did build a Aires D9 and a D3....i just dont remember either :)

View attachment 138358View attachment 138359
Thanks and those are some really good looking builds Paddy!!

Very nice, Joe. A great centerpiece for a diorama.

Thank you John. No dice on the diorama ....at least for now. Running low on display room.

Looks great! Well done. :vgood:

Thanks Mike!!
Outstanding job!! :tens:

Thank you Bob!

I took 'er to her last show around 5 years ago now and was up for best aircraft of show but there was a 1/32 scale F-4 Phantom that took that. BUT.....I did get a really nice special award in addition to the 1st place award in her category.

IqYkrh.jpg

Back