• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pole Dancer with Double D's... Fixin' Dragon's Mustang Ranch POS

:popcorn.......and ?
I don't normally post photos of an in-progress workbench but:
DragonP51DCockpitFixes02.JPG

Work has been done on it, although slowly.

Baby steps...

Look how narrow this engine block is!
DragonP51DNoseWork02.JPG
DragonP51DNoseWork01.JPG

Looking to see how much of the cockpit detail will be visible. A pilot will be in there too. Still have cabling (which will cover the side gaps), relief tube, seat and mount (pilot too), instrument panel with pedals (hides the frontal gap), radios with rack, and control stick:
DragonP51DCockpitFixes09.JPG

Cabling along the bottom starboard side covers that gap.
DragonP51DCockpitFixes08.JPG
DragonP51DCockpitFixes07.JPG

Everything still fits... precariously though.
DragonP51FuselageOutside00.JPG

Definitely off! Easy fix though...
1656351563181.png

Not mentioned, and barely visible here, are the corrected prop openings on the spinner and an oval hatch added.
1656351594610.png

1656351627291.png

Think I'd be looking for aftermarket. But that's me. :plane
No need really as that would put me at a 'prop at rest ' angle. The forward motion implied by mounting it on a pole 'in flight' means the angle needs to decrease to halfway between what it is and the photos of it in the ground. I'll prepare a prop angle jig for myself.

Could you even see the prop angle of a spinning blade?. Have you considered using a prop blur to simulate a turning prop? She's looking good. Looking forward to the finished bird!

Could you even see the prop angle of a spinning blade?. Have you considered using a prop blur to simulate a turning prop? She's looking good. Looking forward to the finished bird!

Having graduated Aviation High School, we changed the pitch angle to reflect different moments in a flight. Nope, I personally wouldn't be able to define an angle other than noting if the base (where the cuffs are) were thicker (increased pitch) or thinner (decreased pitch). I considered adding a motor but decided against it. I may want the prop to turn in a breeze. Thanks to @Big10, I will try to finish my son's F-51D first before tackling NMF on this one using the dry-brush method:

Reactions: Mo_
Thanks to @Big10, I will try to finish my son's F-51D first before tackling NMF on this one using the dry-brush method:
Good luck and try the method on a scrap plane first. If it goes on too wet do not continue to brush, let it cook off and this smooth it out with the buff wheel. Its more than likely gonna give you some frustrations as it still does with me from time to time.

At 400 mph or a high speed dive that's about what the blade angle should be. From the P-51B manual the range is from 24 degrees at low (fine) pitch to 65 degrees at high (coarse) pitch. There is a line on the propeller blade indicating the station where pitch should be measured.

Back