• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck with Pontos 27001F1

Thanks Everyone For the Comments and Paul i would love to see a Arizona Build Im Saving up for the 1/200 Hood that just got announced 1/200 Hood and Bismarck Next to each other would be a Great Display, Now im in need of some Help I was Studying this Photo and was trying to Figure out what the Plate under the Door was For and Made out of, Its got me Curious, Was it Rubber to help form Slipping.

h1a83000.jpg

My References do not show a Mat there but that does not mean it isn't on her at the time you have depicted her. I would say it was a non slip rubber Mat.....Cheers mark

Hi all so I finally got back into the bismarck. So I had a couple road blocks along the way that deterred me form moving forward one was I needed a larger airbrush I manage to pick up one form a friend who has a contact :yipee
h4e07967.jpg

next where am I going to paint this I'm still stuck on this. But I'm sure I'll figure something out :bang head maybe build a custom paint booth hehehe So while I was waiting on my new airbrush I did some more work on the structure

h2850816.jpg

hbf46213.jpg

h359b403.jpg

I'm glad to see you back on this, but judging by all that PE that has been added, You've just been stuck in the Dry-dock with bad case of Hobby Pox. Looking good, very good. Where did you get your Fiber-optics from, I ordered some off of eBay but, I don't like them much. :captain

Thank Everyone for the Comments :cheer:

Swordsman I get my optics of Ebay As well lol But i found a Decent Guy on there that ive been talking with and he is very knowledgeable and prices are Great, I can give you his ID or Email i might have it.

So I went to Start Airbrush the Hull and my New Airbrush is a Dud, Good Thing it has a Life Time Warranty So there sending me one Asap, So i decided to Start My Favorite Part of the Ship The Smoke Stack ( im Sure there is a more Nautical Term for it lol :captain ), I find the the Shape and the Search Lights so Interesting. IF anyone is using the Pontos Set BE aware that some sections of the Ship is Spread over several Pages. This Section is on 3 different Pages just in the Corners of each instead of on one Page :gogo

So i Started with the Side Vents Red Will be Removed

h1dbe0b5.jpg

So this is What Pontos Shows to Do But Form my References (i Forgot to take a PIc of it ill Post a picture of it when i get home) the Vents are Flush with the Side so ill have to Cut out this Section

h756bd75.jpg

h6e9d167.jpg

I Glued a Piece of Plastic Card Behind it

h6cc0b78.jpg

h0c655aa.jpg

And Started to add each Vent lol So many of them but with the extra work it Turned out Very well and looks way Better this way

h85f6975.jpg

hfac65b6.jpg

h61fbd97.jpg

:hmmm I like the idea of adding sheet styrene behind the pe part. And I am curious, is the top of the funnel going to be open or, is there some sort of grate covering the opening? :drool

This reminds me (I saw the lid) that I'm loving the Gator Glue we got, I wish I had discovered it ages ago.

Looking good man.

Thanks everyone I've been spoiled with time to work on the bizzy I'm scared it's gonna run out soon lol and yes I love Gator glue I can decide if I like the regular or thin better I'm leaning towards the regular I think cause I'm more use to it

Hippy ed here is a sneak peak of the top and it is open so I think I might run the pipes inside

h8acf32a.jpg

Thanks everyone I've been spoiled with time to work on the bizzy I'm scared it's gonna run out soon lol and yes I love Gator glue I can decide if I like the regular or thin better I'm leaning towards the regular I think cause I'm more use to it

Hippy ed here is a sneak peak of the top and it is open so I think I might run the pipes inside

h8acf32a.jpg

(y) B)

Back