• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck with Pontos 27001F1

Thanks Everyone Sorry For Another Late Update lol Been Preparing for the New Baby :yipee and had some Review Builds to do so onto the Update

I Can't Find the Picture i had of the Funnel Painted but Something went Terribly Wrong the Paint, IT Peeled Right off and i figured out the Problem, I usually don"t Like bashing a Company but Vallejo Primers have to be the Wrost on the Market i let the Stuff Cure for 2 days in 30% moisture Room and after I painted the Funnel it Fell off the next day was Very angry :vmad. So i had the pleasure of meeting Mig Jimenez at our Local Model Show (Which was Awesome) and he Helped me with my Issues and gave me a bottle of Black Mig Primer which i have to say is my Fav Primer Lays down so Well and Adheres to PE so well and Stays nice and Thin on the Model so not to loose those Details. So i Striped all the Paint had to Remove all the PE Very slowly and RE add it back i left a lot of PE off so it made the Blatic Camo easier to do.

Here are the Results form my 2nd Try at Painting this Frustrating Funnel
hd6f9c28.jpg

h51a8c13.jpg

hfb9d68e.jpg

hda774b4.jpg

hf92a073.jpg

habc03d9.jpg

Congrats, Big Daddy! More than models keep this man busy. ;D

That looks absolutely spectacular. I like Lifecolor paints myself, and have had good luck by putting a little Mr Retarder in the mix. I use an Iwata Custom Micron B, and it's been pointed out of late that this type of AB is better suited to spraying inks. Maybe I should try a Grex or some such. I'm curious- what do you use?

Congrats on your soon to be mini Trog! As we all know it will be a mix of :facepalm , :woohoo: , and :bang head but you won't regret it! (I did say :woohoo: )

I will agree on the Vallejo primers, they just don't hold up on bare anything. I actually like the Alclad primers. They spray straight from the bottle, bond well, and of course work well with the metalizer paints. If I am painting Testors Model Master enamels though I pass on the primer as those enamels bond quite well too.

How big is the smoke stack by the way? I know it is quite large from working on my Arizona build, but photos just don't really convey the BIG-NESS of it. Oh, and what are those dome looking things on the sides?

Looking good my friend! I am finding the 1/200 ships are fun and a nice challenge to build and I am enjoying watching yours.

Thanks Everyone! :)

yeah i have Mix Feelings about Life Color Paints they Cog the AB very Easy i will have to Try that Mr Retarder probably help me a lot lol chukw
The AB im using is a Sparmax Gp-35 and im in love with it. So Simple Durable and just Sprays so well for the Price its Basically a Grex but Probably quarter the Price i picked mine up for 99 Bucks and i like the Trigger so much better for my hands i can keep a Steady line better.

I wish i could get the Alclad Paints and Primers here in Canada i don't know why suppliers cant get it here. Cause i tried the Mig Metal Acrylic Paint for the Funnel Top and Sorda Happy with the Results Probably should of Thinned it a Bit more. I would love to get the Uschi metal pigments.

Oooo your Doing the 1/200 Arizona i have to check that out, i had the Kit but the wife made me Sell it i got it for 50 bucks form this guy and then a guy offered me 200 for it and my wife made me sell it :(

and ill take a New Pic of the Stack with something to compare it too

hf672087.jpg

Nice looking airbrush there Trog! As to the Arizona build, it is located at this thread.

As to the Arizona kit, it is needing a lot of rework to get it right. So far every little bit needs something done to it for correction. While there isn't a pontos set for it, the Eduard sets seem to cover the bill quite well. I also am not going to go with a wood deck on it either.

Thanks Everyone Sorry For Another Late Update lol Been Preparing for the New Baby :yipee and had some Review Builds to do so onto the Update

I Can't Find the Picture i had of the Funnel Painted but Something went Terribly Wrong the Paint, IT Peeled Right off and i figured out the Problem, I usually don"t Like bashing a Company but Vallejo Primers have to be the Wrost on the Market i let the Stuff Cure for 2 days in 30% moisture Room and after I painted the Funnel it Fell off the next day was Very angry :vmad. So i had the pleasure of meeting Mig Jimenez at our Local Model Show (Which was Awesome) and he Helped me with my Issues and gave me a bottle of Black Mig Primer which i have to say is my Fav Primer Lays down so Well and Adheres to PE so well and Stays nice and Thin on the Model so not to loose those Details. So i Striped all the Paint had to Remove all the PE Very slowly and RE add it back i left a lot of PE off so it made the Blatic Camo easier to do.

Here are the Results form my 2nd Try at Painting this Frustrating Funnel
hd6f9c28.jpg

h51a8c13.jpg

hfb9d68e.jpg

hda774b4.jpg

hf92a073.jpg

habc03d9.jpg

Sounds like you worked hard on this, it shows because it's outstanding! :notworthy

Hi everyone, Now that Life is starting to turn to normal now since having my Son, i can update my build log

I Finished up the Aft Section looks fantastic Painted Love the Life Color Paints

h7905815.jpg

h2439786.jpg

h7409dbd.jpg

Now i Moved on the Forward Section Ive Completed one side so far took me about a week of work to complete one side lol :gogo

h5a37684.jpg

h726ec4e.jpg

hcbdee06.jpg

ha047ea1.jpg

Too Break up the Ship a little i decided to do the Cranes, they where alot of Fun, But the Carpet monster got the Cover for the Lower Wheels so ill have to figure something out :vmad

h17029d1.jpg

h1912a64.jpg

also i wanted to show you guys a new addition to my tools, Ive built my very own Resistance Solder, I have to say this has changed the game of Soldering PE it delivers the heat very precise and quickly with out over heating the Part your working on and iam finding it is doing a Cleaner job. Also ive sorda over powered this one i can Fusion weld the Brass and ive Tested on thin copper lol. I have made a Wiring Diagram and plans if anyone has questions about it

h717d6a6.jpg

h5f24652.jpg

hf665e76.jpg

hbcb228f.jpg

h9a26c7e.jpg

ha86a807.jpg

Congratulations on the birth of your son! As to things getting back to normal, won't - ever - happen. :D

Kids change everything, and every day will be something new going on. :gogo :huh: :woohoo: :bang head :facepalm

You might enjoy this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua86N_ZTT1Q

The Bismark is looking GOOD! (y) I like that crane! (y) (y) (need to get back on the Az but been busy) :bang head

BAM!!!!
I'm very interested in your drawings. bob@modelersalliance.com is the email. :notworhty:

Ship's looking great! (y)

Thanks Guys

And your Right Heavens eagle lol But i can Dream cant i :bang head i was just looking at your Arizona Build im excited to see it finished.

and Bob i will send the plans off to you tmr or monday just gotta make a Bill of Materials for it

I am afraid the Arizona build is going to be a long term build just like your Bismark, Trog'. What I need to do is just go and finish up the 5 inch guns. Get them all assembled and painted. Probably a weekend job and then I will have "something" done on it.
I have also been contemplating cutting off the long curved side rails, doing some resin fill in those lower side corners, rounding them a bit and then reattach the rails. Lots of little fix-its to do. :facepalm

Back