• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck with Pontos 27001F1

Don't think that boom means you don't have to bring it to every meeting - I have tiny tiny handles on the gunbay doors of my P-51 and I'm always terrified that I'll notice one day that one of them is missing.

I was just thinking about all the handling the model still has to go through on the build bench. Reach for a bottle of paint, OOPS snap. :facepalm

Heavens eagle Your Still Thinking Long Term I can Remove these booms at any time i simply just Glued the Cable to the Boom Which means they can now come off as one part i can Paint them on there Which Protects the Holes form Filling with paint and also less Glueing with Painted Parts which is my Weak area i seem to Make a Mess of it so i Try to Paint the Parts on the Model as much as possible after the Hull is Painted i will remove the Booms and store them for the End for Safe Keeping. :)

Also ill be Slow on Update for a couple weeks Got a Massive Job to Finish up just Finish 10 Panels For this Waste Water Treatment job just Programming the PLC's Now :bang head

So i manage to find sometime to relax and work on my Bizzy

so i started with figuring out the Cradle for the Bow Booms

This Picture shows where Trumpeter Had it and does not Match any drawings i can find lol so gonna have to Figure this out form Scartch

h9111cfe.jpg

So I don't Think the Pontos Cradle Provided quite right, This is how Pontos Would have me install it but it looks like i need to Raise it to the Edge. But it Seems Also the Pontos Does not Match the Reference Material i have Either. So I will have to Figure out if i should Scratch build new ones or Keep the Pontos Set and try to Work with it. Just as a Note Nothing is Glued Down and this is just getting the Holes Drilled before i Paint the Hull.

h658fa34.jpg

he544a50.jpg

hc206382.jpg

h55177f8.jpg

h1c636ef.jpg

As I Think over the Bow Boom, I decided to do some Planning get the Structure Figured out, As you can See You Pretty Well Remove all the Trumpeter Details :gogo

h9ff5a3c.jpg

RED is to Remove Blue is to Cover Up

hfa9ddb9.jpg

I agree with Moon Puppy!! :drinks By the way, what plans are you using for this? I've spent alot of time on the Model Warship's forums http://www.shipmodels.info/mws_forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4696

I've heard alot of good things about Pontos sets.

I feel Silly asking this But What do you mean by scrubbin i Think i have idea but i better ask lol jUst like AMS B)

And for the Plans Iam using KAGERO Suger Drawings 3D came with the Ship Blue Prints But i have notice some errors, I can't Seem to find a Decent Blue Prints for the Bismarck, Does anyone know a Site that Sells some Decent ones

hfd3c7fc.jpg

h3dec4ca.jpg

h440faa6.jpg

I would say that what you are using are probably about the best ones. Something I have hsd to do on some projects is to sety references in levels. In your case photos would be Level 1, Most accurate. Then would come Level 2, Drawings and other sources.

When using your level 2 references, defee to level 1 if there are contradictions.

Then you could have Level 3, which fill in the gaps from Levels 1 & 2, but otherwise are marginal sources.

On the Bismark I would suspect even the original shipyard drawings would have descrepancies.

What you might try is to say, build to the Kagero plans unless you have photos that show otherwise.

Hope that helps. :frantic

Scrubbin' Scrubbing. Sanding off all that molded on detail is more than just sanding. You gonna be scrubbin' that bad boy! :soldier

Thats a Good System Paul for the Reference Material Thanks :drinks

MoonPuppy lol You nailed it

I think ive decided to Leave the Forward Boom Cradles the Way they are, Its Gonna be Extended Postion anyway, I tired Figure out a WAy to Modify the PE but it would Ruin it, So im Admitting Defeat on that one lol

So i had a Great Weekend of Relaxing, My 2 year old was at the Grandparents and my wife was working so i was FREE! :yipee

I was Surprised to find on my Bench a Gift form the Wife (My laptop Finally Died on me so she Surprised me :laugh: )

ha7cef5f.jpg

So i got to Work Right away, The Hull is BAsicly Finished now just some Minor Stuff but I am not painting anything till September due to the Horrible Humid Weather we are having atm, Its showing 80% humidity in the Basement lol and i got to dehumidifiers going lol

So i started with some Structure Deatils

So im not impressed with Pontos ATM they Make This Beautiful PE for the Walkway and you don't get the Full effect, they have you keep the Plastic walkways and Supports, So this didn't sit with me well so i Started to Scratch build lol

h77c3dd7.jpg

Removed the Walkways

hebc5bc0.jpg

Test Fit looking Good

h4fd6d69.jpg

h37c3dd6.jpg

I Damaged some of the Skirt so I repaired it

h1734317.jpg

Scratch Built some Supports

h42654d3.jpg

h91f0c98.jpg

And the 1st Walk way is Finished

hcfe6980.jpg

So After the Walkways Were Finished i Started with some Details This Vent is 7 Parts lol

h1259634.jpg

Test Fit
hd4ebd83.jpg

Finished it not as bad as i thought it was gonna be
h02f6171.jpg

Added some other details and took a Pic with the Wood Test Fitting

hb0d53c7.jpg

So i finally getting back to the Bizzy! and Whats the 1st thing i do, I start planning some Crazy Ideas

So i was Adding the Details to the side of the Structure when i was about to add the Water tight Door and Notice there details on both Sides of the Door and my AMS wont allow me to Hide Detail so i'm going to Have them Open and Show a little interior :gogo I also Ordered some Fibre optics

hf6cccd5.jpg

hc7341a5.jpg

h7bdb73d.jpg

Got the Opening Finished More Pictures to Come

hd9317eb.jpg

h7463c73.jpg

LOL! Hey Trog', that's why kits that took us a week to build as a kid now take a year or more. :rotf

Really like what you are doing on the Bizzy! Has me getting ready to obtain the big Arizona with goodies. :hmmm

Back