• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/200 Trumpeter Bismarck with Pontos 27001F1

Hi EVERYBODY i hope everyone having a Good Hoilday, I thought i would finnaly sit down and give you a Update lol :pilot

So Ive been Continuing on with the Funnel

Here is what i started with
hf73e58c.jpg

Added teh Drill Guide PE for the Stacks
h05699af.jpg

2nd set of Drill Guides
he6839a4.jpg

Slowly adding the Stacks
h4051b71.jpg

Sorry for Lack of Photos my Old Camera Died Losing Some Photos so sorda a big chunk of work missing
hccb0e65.jpg

h7c34c23.jpg

h727cae2.jpg

So Next i Started to Work on The Platforms Im having to Mod the PE to be able to Add some Scratch Build. There is many Pipes going up the Side of the Funnel that Trumpeter and Pontos forgot to add and there Simple to do. Also there is Wire Conduit going up the Sides im Having trouble figuring out a good way of doing this (lol I NEED HELP)

h9f256e1.jpg

h499b17d.jpg

hfe50b3c.jpg

So While i was Stuck on the Funnel I thought It be a good idea to finally get the Hull Primed, And that Presented a Challenge in its Self, How do i paint something over 4ft Long and my Paint booth is only 3ft wide lol So i Got some Window Fans and used the Clothes Line in the Basement with Bolt Hooks and it Worked Great :geek

h709a38e.jpg

Taking a Selfie with the Big Girl
h337d31b.jpg

I forgot to take a After Photo of it Primed Sorry lol Think the Paint Fumes where getting to me :drunk

Merry Christmas Everyone

We, as modelers do what we gotta do to get the job done (y) Great idea on using the clothes line!! :pilot
Thhat funnel sure looks good too!! :drool

Fantastic (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
Okay, I'm not much of a boat guy so here is my silly question of the day. Why does the stack have all those pipes around it???
James

That would also make an awesome light fixture.

It's looking awesome buddy. Are you going to make it in time for HeritageCon?

Thanks Everyone for the Comments Really Helps me to Keep moving Forward When i Get Stuck lol :drinks

jKnaus - I dont Know for sure what the Pipes around the Funnel Exactly for, Ive tired to Find out before but no Luck :geek

Scrodes - I was Originally Hoping to Get her done for Heritage Con But Im thinking Another year to Fully Complete If not Longer Due to a Life Event lol I will Announce it at our Next Meet :captain

Fantastic (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
Okay, I'm not much of a boat guy so here is my silly question of the day. Why does the stack have all those pipes around it???
James

They are Exhaust Pipes to vent Gasses and Fumes from the Engine Room Spaces. The Funnel Vents from the Boilers.....Cheers mark

Hi Everyone Its been a While and Thought an Update is Needed,Been so Busy Lately Found Out we are having our Second Child in August so i need to get some Progress before that time lol , So i finally Figure out some issues that was blocking me form Continuing forward with the Build Bench Space and the Boot Strap.

Here is Empty Space in my Work Shop
h3fe28cf.jpg

And here is my 1st attempt at using my Terrible Wood Working Skills lol Very happy with the Result not Pretty but Piratical for the Bismarck and the LED Pod Light i Put in are Great.

h0456d56.jpg

My next Issues is the Boot Strap, Trumpeter Trappered the Stern too much and its Difficult to get a Straight Line, Ive seen Many people (rivet Counters) Cut the Back end off and Rebuilt it, Im a Sane Person so i wont attempt that lol :gogo

So form my Research the Top Boot Strap Line was 9.5 Meters above the Keel so thats Roughly 4.6cm, I did that for Bow and Mid Ship but for the Stern took some Thinking Turned out to be 3cm form the Quarter Deck

Took was wood Shims to Level it Proper but it did the Job
he92aa04.jpg

hb83759d.jpg

hc571138.jpg

Next is Painting the Hull, Has anyone here worked with LifeColor Paints cause for the Life of me I could not get them to Paint Proper i would Cog my Nozzel in 30 sec very Thinned with Retarder and Low PSI i will not use there paint anymore, very Frustrating, I went with Model Master and so very happy with the Result and i Custom made each Shade for the Hull as i didnt like there off the Shelf Options

haadbfd0.jpg

Had to Take a Pic with the Screws on SO Awesome Looking
hd584766.jpg

Next Light Gray Forgot to take Pics of the Dark Gray Bow waves Sorry it was 2am lol

h031f00f.jpg

h173e435.jpg

hdeb8cfa.jpg

Started the Camo Baltic Very Happy with the Result
hd36f57e.jpg

More Updates to come

Back