• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"TANKERS TANGLE"

Mind the rules Terry laid out, no two the same, gotta have a figure and aftermarket.

I read this whole thread before I posted & didn't see any Tiger-I (early) posted. Need to see about figure(s) and some AM goodies before I can commit.

Just dug thru my Academy Tiger-I early version (kit#1348) and found it has some PE engine grill inside. Is that considered AM? Still need figure(s) for it.
Now to research the different Divisions on the decal sheet... :hmmm

Mind the rules Terry laid out, no two the same, gotta have a figure and aftermarket.

I read this whole thread before I posted & didn't see any Tiger-I (early) posted. Need to see about figure(s) and some AM goodies before I can commit.

Just dug thru my Academy Tiger-I early version (kit#1348) and found it has some PE engine grill inside. Is that considered AM? Still need figure(s) for it.

Ed AM stands for aftermarket that means not included with the kit. In other words no, you must purchase the PE separately, comprendo ?

Ed AM stands for aftermarket that means not included with the kit. In other words no, you must purchase the PE separately, comprendo ?

:facepalm Ok, Now that's been cleared up, Lemme see about agun barrel since this one's in pieces & gonna have seamsrunning down it :frantic

Ok, I'm throwin' my hat into the ring with the 1/35 Academy Tiger-I early version. a figure or two from the Tamiya 35201 and, on order, a Lions Roar barrel for it.
Does this meet the requirements Mr. T?

h0ebb5d6.JPG

Thought I'd post these here for your viewing pleasure...

h710793b.JPG

h24e9a45.JPG

h0ad4713.JPG

hcd87813.JPG

I took these pics myself. This use to be out front of LMC Scrap metal in Stockton,CA for years. It still stands out front of a business called White Cap.

Er...not sure. Guess we wait for someone who knows what they are talking about then. I'll be over in the corner
:popcorn

Looking on Wiki, don't think they had a M4 Light Tank. M3 and M5. Think the Hull is the biggest differences between those two.

Er...not sure. Guess we wait for someone who knows what they are talking about then. I'll be over in the corner

Looking on Wiki, don't think they had a M4 Light Tank. M3 and M5. Think the Hull is the biggest differences between those two.

I honestly don't know. I had posted this elsewhere & several people said it was the M4. When I took the pics, I was able to peek inside somewhat & this is an empty shell. Totally gutted out.

I honestly don't know. I had posted this elsewhere & several people said it was the M4. When I took the pics, I was able to peek inside somewhat & this is an empty shell. Totally gutted out.

I'll bet they were aircraft guys.. :rotf

I'll bet they were aircraft guys.. :rotf

A couple were boat boys as well... :drinks

It's a M5 (Stuart VI). The biggest differences were the redesigned hull, twin Cadillac V-8 engines and automatic transmission. The M5 was originally designated M4 but is was confusing the Army.

Cheers,
Rich

It's a M5 (Stuart VI). The biggest differences were the redesigned hull, twin Cadillac V-8 engines and automatic transmission. The M5 was originally designated M4 but is was confusing the Army.

Cheers,
Rich

:eek:hmy: Thanks Rich! I appreciate the input (y)

I can see that, didn't seem to have a problem with the M1 though did they? M1 carbine, M1 Tank, M1 Rifle, m1 Helmet, M1 TP dispenser...:rotf

Back