• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Fw 190 D9

Heavens Eagle

This is my build for this year. I had such a good build with the Tamiya P-47 last year that I chose this one a couple of weeks ago while in the Hobby Shop. This was a previously owned kit and actually has "almost" two full kits in it. Alas one of the windscreens is missing So that would have to be scratch built for the second kit (when/if built) I will worry about that at a later date.

Here are the two place holder photos and I will do a formal start photo March 1st.

MMM2022-01.jpg

mmm2022-02.jpg

I will be using the Aires resin cockpit and photo etch as well. Shouldn't be too much extra work. Plus I have at least one minor mod and maybe a second one. We will see when the time comes.

Aires resin cockpit in 1/72 is a challenge to put it mildly , go for it Paul, I cant wait :)

If I remember correctly, when I posted it, it looked normal. I did the same thing I have always done on a post, though it is possible I accidently hit a switch that changed it.

Now we see who's reading all the post here. I said on the other thread that this forum is setup as an Article. The first post will sticky to the thread. You can use it as you wish, leave it as is or update it with current info.

Now we see who's reading all the post here. I said on the other thread that this forum is setup as an Article. The first post will sticky to the thread. You can use it as you wish, leave it as is or update it with current info.
Hey Bob, I don't know what that actually means. As I have never seen this setup before I had no idea that it would look like that.

I talked about it on some other threads Paul. Just go with it. I gave you permissions to screw it up. :rotf

NICE !! I noticed that one of the decal options is for JG-301 with the yellow and red fuselage bands. Hapt. Tony Hackl was assigned to this unit while with JG-26. My 109 is of his Bf-109G-6 from an earlier unit. Gary S. PS Could be a group build of Tony Hackl's aircraft. Just kidding. Gary S.

OK, here is the launch photos. I might go in and do some build work tonight yet. Played around with the turbine airbrush last night a little. Might use it on some of the camo on this, but will wait and see.

MMM2022-03.jpg

mmm2022-04.jpg

As I said this box had "almost" 2 full kits in it. One is still in the bag and is all there. The other had many of the parts cut loose and all the colored parts were still there. There are also 2 extra clear sprues with the sliding canopy parts, but alas no extra windscreen. As that part is 3 flat pieces that are angled, I might scratch build it for grins. We will see how it all flows.

If you are interested I will edit the first post to just add the photos at the front end and we can see how that flows.

Here is a quick update what I did tonight. Had been thinking about this so it all went fairly quickly. As it is a Tamiya, I expect it to at least have some what of a decent fit. Here is the first update.

mmm2022-05.jpg

mmm2022-06.jpg

mmm2022-07.jpg

mmm2022-08.jpg

mmm2022-09.jpg

mmm2022-10.jpg

Do all the parts mods and then assemble. Looks like the Aires cockpit should fit fairly well though it looks a bit different than the kit one.

Enjoy!

Back