• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Classic Airframes Fw 190V1

Got all red dog on this one yesterday, every time I thought I should wait a bit more for what I just painted to dry the devil on my shoulder said go for it. Other than having trouble with getting the glue to hold on the right stabilizer and having to repaint the swastika on the left side because some black crept under the masking, things worked out well. Hataka was used for the 65, Model Master for the 70/71, and Tamiya for all the markings. Masks cut on my Cameo for the markings after drawing them up in Autocad. I just taped off the splinter pattern using resized drawings from the instructions to lay them out. A few brain twisters involved in that but I think I got it right. Let me know!

The fit on this kit is very good, although with resin there is always a bit here and there to puzzle out how things fit and this one was no exception. Very little filler, mainly just on the bottom on the front and rear wing joins. Also the fuselage seams needed a little attention, but very little. The wing root to fuselage fit was too tight but a little careful sanding on both sides and attention to fitting the cockpit tub took care of that.

0163fw190.jpg

0173fw190.jpg

0183fw190.jpg

0193fw190.jpg

0203fw190.jpg

0213fw190.jpg

0223fw190.jpg

0233fw190.jpg

0243fw190.jpg

0253fw190.jpg

0263fw190.jpg

0273fw190.jpg