• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Guys , Thanks for the kind words
Excuse me for not replying earlier as I have the head down with the famo and trailer .

been working on the Famo fruil and am not happy with the detail as it is missing the bolt heads in between the links like the plastic track has .
So for the time being I have moved back to trialing the plastic track , still looks good but I may go back and persist with the Fruil track :hmmm More to follow on that level.

In the interim the canvas over the rear drivers compartment got glued on along with weathering the tyres and chassis on the famo trailer.
The famo chassis has recieved a coat of paint and the wheels are painted along with weathering and detailing of the chassis .Still working on this are so more to follow with this . It may be more suttle than the images show.

So here is the current work .
I will have the engine covered up but I just wanted to spend the time and detail it all .
The good stuff , painting and weathering :yipee :laugh:

As mentioned before more to follow , this above is to let you know I am still working on the beast and it will be finished this year :)

Michael

Excellent build ,painting and weathering (y)

But i dont like the Cromwell Models Cover and load not because of your painting ... but as a product made by cromwell

Guys , Thanks for the kind words
Excuse me for not replying earlier as I have the head down with the famo and trailer .

been working on the Famo fruil and am not happy with the detail as it is missing the bolt heads in between the links like the plastic track has .
So for the time being I have moved back to trialing the plastic track , still looks good but I may go back and persist with the Fruil track :hmmm More to follow on that level.

In the interim the canvas over the rear drivers compartment got glued on along with weathering the tyres and chassis on the famo trailer.
The famo chassis has recieved a coat of paint and the wheels are painted along with weathering and detailing of the chassis .Still working on this are so more to follow with this . It may be more suttle than the images show.

So here is the current work .
I will have the engine covered up but I just wanted to spend the time and detail it all .
The good stuff , painting and weathering :yipee :laugh:

As mentioned before more to follow , this above is to let you know I am still working on the beast and it will be finished this year :)

Michael

:ro: Rock on,Mike! (y) :popcorn

Gr,Ron.

Looking very good ..... When I said you would be finished next year I meant with the amount of detail you were putting into this it would take you that long to finish ..... I didn't mean it was going slow .... excellent work my friend ..... :ro: :dude

Thanks Guys,

Appreciate your kind words.

Piet,
I know what you mean , I waited for 12 + months to get the 3 resin pieces .
Placed an order by email , no answer ,sent 2 emails ,no answer , 12 + months later I emailed again to another email address and had the goods in 2 weeks, Ha ha , good products but Gordon does his best .Many forums have mentioned this before .

Swordsman ,
All good no worries , I started the devil in 2012 than placed back in a box , bit like the PT boat I finished a couple years ago .Built it and then boxed it .This year this beast is going to be accomplished .

And here is the PT finally taking it's place in the model room .

Michael

Thanks Bob,

Yes ,only posted the boat at the shiprights forum at Armorama .
Finally completed this devil in early 2013 and now a shelf queen .

Michael

Time to use this again:

h9ff8090_2015-03-29.jpg

Ian.

Guys,

Thanks again for your kind words.
I will be going back and working on the fruil track with enhancing each track with the bolt head detail. :hmmm :vmad

Michael :cheer:

Very nice work on your models ..... I hope to be good at this one day ..... Michael you inspire Me to greater & better modeling ...... (y)

Back