• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Thanks again Guys,

More of an update , the tyres have been weathered , depending on appearance a coat of matt varnish applied to the tyres once they are mounted may subdue this a little more.
At present the tyres are done .

Michael

James,Mike and Randy
Thank you.

Your words are greatly appreciated. :good: :drinks

Sorry I have been a little quite .Been detail painting some extra accessories for the Famo cargo bay.
These will be slotted in and around the load to break it up some .Still have to place the decals around the silver drums .

Soooo in moving forwards I will be getting some primer, dark grey and weathering on the famo underside as in the image below .
Here is the prelude to the painting .I'm going to address painting and weathering the underside before the cabin upper superstructure goes on .
Looking at this for ease of painting and detailing .Have not done this before so it's considered a learning experience .

Michael

Guys again thanks for the kind words .

Sorry for not replying to your comments .Head down working on the Famo plastic track and have found that I do not think it will be up to holding the resin load , figures...etc

Went down the track of painting and weathering the kit track but the main problem I do not want to have once the vehicle is glued to a timber board the last thing I need is the plastic track breaking and coming apart . :bang head aghhh :pinch:
The recent work with the Fruil has never been an issue .
Should have the Fruil to me next week , it's an added expense but it will be fulfilled with not snapping when on the board .Happy days :yipee :v :lol: :cheer: :)
Here are the recent examples with the Fruil , and some may bring back memories :)

Michael

Friuls are well worth the time, effort and expense. I just have to keep telling myself that so I get to work on the set I have. :soldier

Those kit track look great Mike, shame they can't be used somehow.

Looking good. Too bad you cant use the Tamiya set, but I love Fruil tracks for the realistic sag and weight they provide. One small thing though, I wouldnt rust the tracks. That Tamiya Dark Iron is a new favourite of mine. I also like the Vallejo track colour. But German tracks had high magnesium content and did not rust.
James

Guys , thanks again for the kind words.

Just got 1 side of Fruils done and found there was a lot of detail in the white metal compared to the plastic.
They are much better and I will find a use for the plastic Famo tracks , still have a backup for the tiger models crane version so they may be used there.

There was not much of a detailed explanation of how to get the tracks together.
I drilled out every track piece to ensure the wire goes through both sides .I will be a little bit more sick and glue bolts over the wire ends , agghh the things we do for the hobby. :good: :lol:

I finally spruced up the sparce drivers compartment with some oil drums .All items are glued in place and the tilt will be glued on .Then we work on the outside of the cabin.

Michael

Excellent work Mike ..... No detail has been spared .... it has taken Me about a hour to go through this thread from the get go .... My Hats off ... I'll be watching & waiting for the finish in about a year ... :rotf ... ( That's what I figure ) ..... :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy ..... I think I must be a OOB ..... Thanks for inspiring me to do better .... :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Thank you all again for the kind words of inspiration.

Looking for completion date of around August with a bit of luck and persistence :frantic :lol:

Michael

Back