• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Hello all,

Back again with the next installment .Head down working on the Famo fruil track .
I persisted and happy with the outcome .The track is on and it is not coming off. :bang head :lol:

Here it is bare

Primed with Humbrol primer

Painted with Gunze colours and Mig ammo pigments in the track

Here is the famo with the tracks on

the other side

3 quarter rear

Ok so now I test fit the upper superstructure on the body and then realize this is 1 big kit :eek:hmy: :woohoo:

I have moved over to painting the figures and found the Andrea colours may be a bit bland and I wanted someting extra from the figures in the driver/troop compartment and after looking around I found Vallejo had a case of armour colours and said this is the way to go. :v It's the first time using the Vallejo colours on the figures.
Here is the paint set complete with brushes , fantastic yay :ro:

I have just started briefly with checking the hornet heads against each plastic figure .The guys with the long sleeves will have the plastic hands removed and replaced with resin hands .

Here is the start of the crew and the painting .

I'll be away for awhile the large number of figures for the cab :cheer:

Michael :ro: :ro: :)

Hard work really paid off on the tracks. Well done Mike. :solder

Interested in your impression of Vallejos seeing how you're use to Andrea colors.

What I enjoy about this build is how Mike can maintain his enthusiasm and high skill level over a long build time. I just don't have that discipline... I get excited about project, I build it, I move on....

Great that this place has room for so many different modellers styles, doncha think.

Great work Mike really enjoying this project..

Ian.

Looks great, Mike- nice 'n' dusty! Those figs are looking good as well. I am simply green with envy over that paint set, too! ;)

Hello again,

Back with a brief update to the figures I'm working on .

It's the first time for me using acrylics on 1/35th figures and I'm still learning .

The heads and hands have been brush painted with Humbrol flesh enamels .
Still a long way to go to get the right look , once painted I'll gloss coat and drop a dark pin was over various areas to give the uniform some depth .

More to follow

Michael

Great job on the assembly of the wheels and tracks Mike . That thing is huge.

So, your first score on Vallejo ? Congratulations :good:

I wonder how I managed before I discovered Acrylics :coolio

Looking forward to more. Cheers, Christian B)

Hello again,

Back with a brief update to the figures I'm working on .

It's the first time for me using acrylics on 1/35th figures and I'm still learning .

The heads and hands have been brush painted with Humbrol flesh enamels .
Still a long way to go to get the right look , once painted I'll gloss coat and drop a dark pin was over various areas to give the uniform some depth .

More to follow

Michael

Looking good ''vlad the impaler''

Guys , Thanks for the kind words, will not let you down with the figures.
It's been awhile since painting figures so I'm still finding me feet , so to speak .

Vlad the impaler , laughed my head off ha ha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Michael :) :drinks

Back