• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Famo Sd Ah 116 trailer and DML Panzer 3

Thanks Mike

Here is a brief progress update .

The figures have been gloss coated with tested Gloss coat and a black pin wash has been applied to each figure uniform .

More work to be done with uniform detailing .Just finished one of the figure heads in oils .

Michael

Guys, thanks again for the kind words , sorry head down painting the figures .

I got to near completing the figures and was not happy with my work standard , maybe that I have not built and painted figures in awhile and was a little out of practice .
photographing these dudes and each photo of the figures painted was not giving me any satisfaction .

I think it's here where I say I need an optivisor to do this work :bang head :laugh:

As they say, back to the drawing board :beer :drinks :laugh:

Michael

They look good to me Mike but that optivisor really makes a big difference on the small things .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Guys , more to follow ,optivisors ordered so I may go back and work on the famo till they come in .

Nice Mike ...... Looking very good ...... Do you make your own pen wash .....??? ... :eek:ldguy ........ :popcorn

Yes Swordsman , the pin wash consists of burnt umber,black oil paint and white spirits thinned out that it runs quickly around recesses.It is the old Verlinden way which works for me .
I have started going back to glossing the figures so the was runs quicker around the recesses.

Michael

All that WITHOUT an OptiVisor? Man, your work will be killer when you get one! Looking forward to the next round. (y) :drinks

Thank you Iron Mike and Hippy Ed,

Here is the next installment .Dressed up the famo tray.Checking the load with the tarp bow's to make sure it fits into place.
The hinges on the rear fenders was a big plus for me , I cannot believe Tamiya overlooked this obvious error on such a beautiful kit .

Michael :drinks :Hiay :cheer:

Guys , again thank you .

Please excuse my late replies , I jump on and post and jump back off and build . :snoopy :soldier :snoopy

Here we are with the next installment of work .
There is a lot more to do in the rear cargo tray so It's far from finished as there is chipping , reviewing the kit for fine hairs and dust which may attract to the model during building process.

Till next time people , happy modelling :Hiay :drinks :good:

Michael :cheer:

Back