• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Tiger 2 Repair Dio

Thanks Guys

Bob,

The crates go together without too much trouble.The impressive part about the crates is the detail inside and out. Miniart have nailed it for a plastic crate.

The lost time is in the decals being applied to the bottle. The flat decal needed to be softened to have it around the bottle. Gunze mark softener is what was used on each bottle. The sprues had been cut in half to help with alignment of the decal.

Each bottle then received a coat of Ammo gloss varnish to hopefully hold the decal in place.
In terms of time: estimate at around 8 hours for 1 box of crates and bottles.

Michael

Whoa! 8 hours for each crate and bottles?

Well, I have a lot of time to spend on crates and bottles then!

Thanks Michael!

Bob

Sorry Bob,

The 8 hours is Total time building the lot.

12 crates , 225 bottles
building, painting, and applying 223 decals

Michael :)

Thanks Abdin

The beer bottles are next and the decals are smaller. :frantic :laugh:
Having a break from all this and have realigned my work over to the Famo and trailer and then I can say I finally completed a 5 year project :good:

Thanks Christian the food is going to be there as well, there will be food stores ,plates knives,forks
Bit of a combination of an accumalation of accesory/detail sets gathered over the years.

The age old story too much to do and never enough time. :vmad

Michael :drinks

Hello Again.

The work back on the diorama commences.
The most time consuming parts of the project are the beer bottles to go inside the house beside the wine crates.
lfGZKfP.jpg

k9O4Z4W.jpg

PcwRpIX.jpg

Michael

Hello Again.

The work back on the diorama commences.
The most time consuming parts of the project are the beer bottles to go inside the house beside the wine crates.
lfGZKfP.jpg

k9O4Z4W.jpg

PcwRpIX.jpg

Michael

I'm sure it is time consuming but BEER is worth it. :drinks

Thanks Guys.

Yes Bob, the beer is worth it. :drinks :lol:

MiniArt have excelled in diorama products over the last 12 months.
I asked them if they are going to do any lighting accessories for inside houses and buildings.
Hopefully they will come through because that would be the icing on the cake. :good:

Looking at the rear of the diorama will keep the viewer interested to look further. The beer and wine will be the second scene within a scene.

Michael

I'm looking forward to seeing this diorama finished. You're a talented modeler and you're including some nice kits, in fact several I didn't even know existed! I need to get out more! :)

Bob

Thanks Bob,

Yes, got the beer crates painted then switched projects. Currently moved over to working on the Italerie Schnellboot.

The hull is together and the forward gun tub has been corrected to take the gunner and 2cm.

The challenge is to work on both projects to make it interesting.

Michael

Thanks Guys,

I appreciate your words.

Just thought i'd show some better images of the bottles and crates that may show the detail a little better.

They now have to be sprayed with a satin varnish to hold the decal on the bottle as the decal will dry up and flake off as the material is not as soft to say what a tamiya decal is like.
The crates will have a flat clear applied onto them as it will seal against washes and finger prints.
Miniart Beer Crates.jpg

Miniart Beer Bottles 1A.jpg

I also managed to achieve preparing the small percentage of figures at the front of the styrofoam to be primed in conjunction with all the figures from the Russian Steppe diorama. Try to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.
Diorama figures.jpg

Diorama figures 2.jpg

Diorama figures 3.jpg

Diorama figures 4.jpg
Diorama figures 5.jpg

The Figure Brands are a combination of Tamiya, Masterbox, Dragon, Tristar(Hobbyboss), Stalingrad, Bravo 6, Riich, Legends with a Couple of Alpine Figures tucked away in the corner.

Michael

Looks like about a company worth of personnel! That should keep you busy for a couple of days... :coolio2:

Back