• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Takom Tiger 2 Repair Dio

Thanks Guys,

Apologies for the late reply, head down trying to complete the King Tiger before heading back to work tomorrow.

Here are the completed images of the king tiger. Will sit behind glass before being placed onto the diorama.

The Tiger was predominately painted in Mig Ammo acrylics with additional Vellajo, lifecolour and Humbrol enamels.

Weathering was made with Ak Earth filter(wash) to distress the paint from new.
Oil paints have been used for the chipping.

Now back to finish the Famo and trailer :good:

uTWGlxa.jpg

MCYZ9t9.jpg

r1DJios.jpg

calDGp2.jpg

9JHZWk3.jpg

tntQpzC.jpg

fVA4TiC.jpg

p5fb4Jg.jpg

X3BPoM3.jpg

Yw3h9sX.jpg

6JvqDVj.jpg

FZkOW47.jpg

Michael

Just fantastic Mike!!!!

I've been watching your work improve for years now! I think congratulations are in order!

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Fantastic work Mike. I built 314 once long ago and it was nowhere near the same class. You've nailed this :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
James

Thanks Ian,

Having a break and going back to the Famo and trailer.

Have Famo box ready for some travelling, with luck it may make it to the Melbourne expo this year.

There are only some very minor things left to follow through and I need to get the SDKFZ9 over the line.

Bigger projects on the horizon with Italerie Scnell and the HK Models Memphis belle groundwork being put in place.
Finish famo, Tiger 2 diorama and then plastic course change :eek:hmy: :blink :good:

Michael :drinks :cheer:

Next project

Quite a few hours taken up for all the crates and bottles to be glued,painted and decals applied.
They are all going to be positioned in the bottom corner of the house with other stores.

A4qPIQo.jpg

It may be awhile before I post again

Michael

Thanks Bob,

How very true, and like any army they like a beer and wine on the go :good: :drinks

Here is a Brief update

All the wine bottles have the decals applied.
The decal sheet has 2 less than the number of bottles in the box, lucky Archer come to the party with wine bottle labels.

Ripped 2 decals out of the total , I can live with that.

I may need a break to do the beer bottle crates, there are a lot there.

Now back to the Famo and trailer .
zLz62rs.jpg

Michael

Thanks Bob,

How very true, and like any army they like a beer and wine on the go :good: :drinks

Here is a Brief update

The decal sheet has 2 less than the number of bottles in the box, lucky Archer come to the party with wine bottle labels.

zLz62rs.jpg

Michael

Looks like they are going to be traveling well...:drinks

Thanks Bob,

Here is a Brief update

zLz62rs.jpg

Michael

Hey Mike,

I have a couple of each of those kits. I plan to use them on a lot of the vehicles in Logistics, plus in other areas of the diorama.

Are they tedious to build?

Bob

Thanks Guys

Bob,

The crates go together without too much trouble.The impressive part about the crates is the detail inside and out. Miniart have nailed it for a plastic crate.

The lost time is in the decals being applied to the bottle. The flat decal needed to be softened to have it around the bottle. Gunze mark softener is what was used on each bottle. The sprues had been cut in half to help with alignment of the decal.

Each bottle then received a coat of Ammo gloss varnish to hopefully hold the decal in place.
In terms of time: estimate at around 8 hours for 1 box of crates and bottles.

Michael

Back