• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Bf109-4-7 Tropical Epic Fail!

Tamiya Bf109-4-7 Tropical

That would be the Vallejo brand Luiz. Thanks guys, proceeding as soon as I get home. :pilot

It's a difficult one to call, Bob. The 'blue' could have been factory applied RLM78, a deeper and warmer tone than the earlier RLM65... which could be the colour you need aswell, but also, and just to complicate things it could have been Italian underside blue that had been 'borrowed' from a neighbouring squadron.

Truth is there are too many variables around this period and these desert schemes, best suggestion, if you're happy with it and it looks 'right' then simply go-with-it.

HTH

Ian.

Looks good. Maybe this pic would help confirm your choice.

bf109e7_Ijg27_01.jpg

bf109e7_Ijg27_02.jpg

James

Looking at the top picture, I would guess the main colors to be Italian in origin.

Giallo Mimetico 1 ( sand ) and Italian sky gray ( which looks like sky blue )

Hard to tell about the green but it could also be Italian olive green :D

My 5 Lira's worth .

Cheers, Christian B)

I dont think it will be an issue, Bob. After all the color pics that we see are 70 years old and the color has deteriorated. The Vallejo looks nice and shoots well. Toss a dart and see where it lands.

Yep Ian is onto it RLM 78 for desert birds.

Amazing how colour varies in web photo's !

2086569707x.jpg~original

2086569713x.jpg~original

2146468135x.jpg~original

looks good Bob (y)

Yep Ian is onto it RLM 78 for desert birds.

Amazing how colour varies in web photo's !

2086569707x.jpg~original

2086569713x.jpg~original

2146468135x.jpg~original

looks good Bob (y)

Or, you could just read the rest of the comments and believe it could be something other than RLM colors.

desert_colors_001a.jpg

:coolio :idonno

Or, you could just read the rest of the comments and believe it could be something other than RLM colors.

Far too much confusion, keep it simple and stick to German RLM colours then ya can't go far wrong !!! :drinks

:rotf

I didn't mean to start a dust storm. Guess it's best not to say I got RLM 72 down...oops....:pilot

Thanks guys, It's like all these colors, by the time you get it done with weathering and stuff, how far off the paint chips is it really?

She looks great. (y) Now, sponge like you've never sponged before :good: I need an education.

Blind leading blind Mac, I think I've attempted this like once or twice. I'll take some shots of in progress, if I screw up, this thread will die....:rotf

Back