• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Bf109-4-7 Tropical Epic Fail!

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my startup.

:soldier

h17ef413.jpg

opps... I mean :pilot

Will be out of box on this and one of the box schemes. Might do the one where I have to do the sponge camo, I think that's neat.

Tamiya Bf109-4-7 Tropical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4yd2W50No

Now get-on-with-it !!

Ian.

Looking foward to seeing your take on this kit.I have done the basic build so now it's time for some MP magic. :ro:

Say Bob, I still have the piece of foam liner I used to do that mottle. if you want some of it let me know. Id be happy to send you a chunk.

Thanks Greg, I got several types of sponge that should take care of this. I'll do a couple of test runs before committing.

They do look good Bob, the sponge sizes I used to give you an idea, you will need to dab the wet sponge a few times on paper towel on a dry section, then once on a flat piece of plastic card, that will give you a good indication of the result, then apply to the kit. Less paint is better.

DSC_0209z.jpg~original

DSC_0169xb.jpg~original

DSC_0170xb.jpg~original

DSC_0243x5.jpg~original

HTH

Shake shake shake...shake shake shake...shake your tamiya...
Ok that doesn't rhyme like Booty but it's really shaking out of the box nicely

hfbd6cf9.jpg

h2b9e5d4.jpg

Kit decals for the IP, they snugged down nicely, little off in a spot or two but i'll have the canopy closed anyway so no biggy.

h27bef99.jpg

So what's up with this massive gap back here?
The leading edge and wing root are nice and snug, no issue but I got like .5mm gap back here. Is this an issue with this kit or did I screw up something else?

No you didn't screw up Bob, just proof that Tamiya engineers are really human after all.

Ian.

Good, thanks Ian, glad I don't have to bust this thing up to close it then. :pilot

Back