• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Bf109-4-7 Tropical Epic Fail!

Oh! You mean Pa-tunk! I always preferred the engineering term FUBAR [strike]Fu[/strike] I mean Fouled Up Beyond All Repair.

Thanks guys, like I said stuff happens. I'm not one who throws things across the room, think Gary's suggestion is good, I'll have it mounted on the wall in front of the bench. :pilot

Damn Bob, sorry to hear this one went Pete Tong

I have no idea what that means...WTF is Pete Tong? :idonno

:cheer: cockney rhyming slang for 'wrong' Bob
I can't believe you don't know that - you having a bubble?

Hey I just mixed lacquer and enamal, what are you expecting from me??? :facepalm

Fubar it is Paul. I guess I could strip it down and repaint but honestly I'm no interested in doing all that. It'll be a good test bed.

Don't let it get to ya Bob, I have had a couple of screw ups on my Stuka micro build(s). Poor, poor kit.

Maybe we should come up with a Fubar ribbon. It can only be earned once a year and proof of a true crash and burn must be supplied. :hmmm

Thanks guys, like I said stuff happens. I'm not one who throws things across the room, think Gary's suggestion is good, I'll have it mounted on the wall in front of the bench. :pilot

Damn Bob, sorry to hear this one went Pete Tong

I have no idea what that means...WTF is Pete Tong? :idonno

:cheer: cockney rhyming slang for 'wrong' Bob
I can't believe you don't know that - you having a bubble?

Hey I just mixed lacquer and enamal, what are you expecting from me??? :facepalm

Fubar it is Paul. I guess I could strip it down and repaint but honestly I'm no interested in doing all that. It'll be a good test bed.

SNAFU Bob :rotf :rotf :evil:

Maybe we should come up with a Fubar ribbon. It can only be earned once a year and proof of a true crash and burn must be supplied. :hmmm

:rotf :rotf :rotf

I like it. How do we know it's would not self inflicted though...make the ribbon really ugly? :facepalm
Now where is that picture of Bob again :D :rotf :rotf :rotf

:evil:

grrr.jpg

Well after reading about two snafu's & fubars ..... I'm reminded of my service days .... my refrigerator carried the IHTFP moniker ...... Sorry to hear Bob & Gary ..... Hang in there .... I think Ya'll just got some good old fashion cabin fever ..... Spring is coming ..... :soldier :pilot :coolio

I think the FUBAR ribbon could be decent, but it would have to be something like Bob's situation here. A really gorgeous job done on a nice kit and then photos of the super snafu that ruined it. Then maybe have at least 5 folks vote that it rates the FUBAR ribbon.

Nothing complex, but a little job messed up (like my mini Stukas) just don't rate one even if I toast them. Kit would have to be something of value with quality work put forth and ruined to rate the ribbon.

Sorry Bob for hijacking your thread. Just some ideas being thrown out for a positive on a bad situation. :hmmm

Bob, watch this, have a laugh, see it in perspective and then notice that the last few seconds show one of the Wright Brothers early and successful flights. I'm not pretending to be subtle...

...you'll get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMhdksPFhCM

Ian.

:laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: :pilot Thanks for sharing that!! I haven't seen anything on most of those before. Classic stuff!! :geek

Bob,
Sorry you had a problem with the Tamiya 109, even if you never want to try and finish it the model can still be put to good use, use it as a paint mule for painting and weathering practice.
Better to do a quick test spray on a paint mule to make sure your paint is thinned just right and your P.S.I. from the compressor is set correctly than it is to start spraying paint on a new model only to find something wrong and settling for a not so good paint job.

Matrixone

Back