• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Bf109-4-7 Tropical Epic Fail!

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I did it again...can't remember what I did it on before but I know I did it before.

Got the flat coat on right, then I washed it down with Migs Neutral wash.
NEVER MIX MIGS WASH WITH LACQUER THINNER.

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

I'll be in the corner over hear contemplating my next move. This bird is toast. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
That SUX!!!

Bummer Moon, do you mean you thinned the wash with lacquer thinner?

The more I do this the more I realize model building is more about figuring
out how to fix your mistakes than building.

Tom

I did it again...can't remember what I did it on before but I know I did it before.

Got the flat coat on right, then I washed it down with Migs Neutral wash.
NEVER MIX MIGS WASH WITH LACQUER THINNER.

I'll be in the corner over hear contemplating my next move. This bird is toast. :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Sorry to hear about your disaster .

I'm confused about adding anything to the mig wash . It should already be like water ? ? ? :idonno

I also prescribe to Tom's thoughts " The more I do this the more I realize model building is more about figuring
out how to fix your mistakes than building.

Cheers , Christian B)

Tom

That's right Tom, my bottle of neutral wash is like mud, don't know if that's by design or not but it's very very thick. I thin it with enamel thinner. I just simply screwed up and thought I poured out the lacquer and replaced it with enamel thinner or forgot to do it at all.

Chris Migs washes are enamel based so water will not be what you want to use.

I don't have another Messerschmitt in the stash so I guess I'll miss out on this ribbon. :bang head

Well, let that be a lesson to all:

"Always taste you thinner before adding to paint!"
~Adam Savage

Tom

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0162ff6709d9970d-600wi

there_there_at_least_you_tried_12120.jpg

We've all done it at least once!

Tom

That's right Tom, my bottle of neutral wash is like mud, don't know if that's by design or not but it's very very thick. I thin it with enamel thinner. I just simply screwed up and thought I poured out the lacquer and replaced it with enamel thinner or forgot to do it at all.

Chris Migs washes are enamel based so water will not be what you want to use.

I don't have another Messerschmitt in the stash so I guess I'll miss out on this ribbon. :bang head

Hmmm, mine are AK ( enamel ) . I thought they would be the same under a different name .

PS, I am also very careful to label my bottles of stuff, so I know which stuff is the right stuff :fencing

Yikes ! :facepalm

Watch your mail. Mess of schmidt inbound.

JAMES!!!! Nooo!!
That just means I gotta build it. I told Terry I might do some armor just to break up the run. :soldier

You're too kind James. Thanks. You shouldn't but if it shows up I'll do my best on it. :drinks

Watch your mail. Mess of schmidt inbound.

Was thinking along the same lines James.

Really sorry to hear about the disaster Bob, I guess that I am still in the enamel and acrylic stage and don't even think about stinky smelly thinners except as cleaning solutions. If it smells bad it is bad for plastic and paint.

Bob, watch this, have a laugh, see it in perspective and then notice that the last few seconds show one of the Wright Brothers early and successful flights. I'm not pretending to be subtle...

...you'll get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMhdksPFhCM

Ian.

Thanks guys, like I said stuff happens. I'm not one who throws things across the room, think Gary's suggestion is good, I'll have it mounted on the wall in front of the bench. :pilot

Damn Bob, sorry to hear this one went Pete Tong

I have no idea what that means...WTF is Pete Tong? :idonno

Thanks guys, like I said stuff happens. I'm not one who throws things across the room, think Gary's suggestion is good, I'll have it mounted on the wall in front of the bench. :pilot

Damn Bob, sorry to hear this one went Pete Tong

I have no idea what that means...WTF is Pete Tong? :idonno

:cheer: cockney rhyming slang for 'wrong' Bob
I can't believe you don't know that - you having a bubble?

Back