• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

how about this:

paint a figure in short dress and place it like its washing the plane. So all Spots you could hide behind some washing soap

Sorry you had troubles with the finish on your Mustang. To me it looks fixable, step away from the model for a little while and cool down and then figure out the best way to make repairs.

Matrixone

Finish is fixed, debating my decal options, had to remove the US Insignia.

I don't think I want to do another high shine NMF. :mpup

If you are talking about that chip in the star and bars, I did not think any thing about it. :idonno
You will get it knocked out you a master builder, no worries. :D

That was one thing, insignia on both sides are gone now as well as the A/C code on the starboard side. Getting some computer chores done but I got some fresh decal paper and I ain't scared of using it. Just got to get the size right.

thanks for the positive vibes Jeff,

master hardly!!:rotf

Life is not fair Moonpup !!
You know i once had a problem like this with trying to get black paint to stick to an airfix hawk (Red arrows style), after a lot of questions and thinking a group of us came to the conclusion, guided by others, some areas of plastic become over contaminated with Releasing agent, its actually in the plastic due to the makers re using plastic from bad mouldings that should have been scrapped. So..you get plastic with release agent on already, melted down and remoulded with yet more release agent applied and so on
I am pretty sure the guy that came up with this was a worker at Airfix years ago and was posting on the Brit modeller forum
Not that any of this helps you :-(
You are doing the right thing..step back and take stock as they say. I think i would have crushed it !!! :eek:hmy:

Paddy I think this is the case. I was painting some black around the top frame of the cockpit and the paint was just rolling, wasn't sticking.

Home made decal worked fine, I'm backon the right track now and will try and wrap this up this weekend. :mpup

Well, two steps forward and one step back.

P51D113.jpg

P51D114.jpg

I'm redoing the antenna and the spine. Let you know how that goes. if it works OK, I'm done. :mpup

Wonderful to see that you are back on track with this bird!!
No more steps backwords now!
//Mats

Yep Paddy, I got a pretty good stock on hand, It's a good system I think, my problems have been self inflicted.

Not much left to do on this. Still trying to work out how to do the antenna. just practice practice practice.

Greetings Moon Puppy;

...... I am glad that it worked out ............. :mpup ... :mpup

Nice job.... great looking P-51....... You get a big "E", for effort, you did not
let it get the better of you ... :notworthy

I hate to paint an aircraft bare metal...... it is one of the hardies colors to paint.... :fencing ...

Nice....... :pilot ...

Mike

OK, only thing left to do is the Nav lights on the wing tips and the pitot tube.

oh, yeah, those antenna.
P51D115.jpg

P51D116.jpg

P51D117.jpg

The stain down the side is Migs oil effects. Might be over stated, I can wipe it off and work again if need.

P51D118.jpg

P51D119.jpg

P51D120.jpg

Think what I'm going to do is wait till I get inspired for making those antenna. Or wait till Tamiya releases their version of the VLR Mustang. Or maybe an aftermarket offering.

Overall, I'd say well done. The oil stain is a bit much for my taste, but what do I know? All my stuff is muddy and beat up! :rotf

Here's the original again.

0477813.jpg

Maybe it is over done a bit. Think I can wipe it down some before sealing it up.

Back