• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

I'm sorry I missed this!

Mr. Mojo Risin', Mr. Mojo Risin'
Got to keep on risin'
Mojo Risin', gotta Mojo Risin'
Mr. Mojo Risin', gotta keep on risin'
Risin', risin'
Gone risin', risin'
I'm gone risin', risin'
I gotta risin', risin'
Well, risin', risin'
I gotta, wooo, yeah, risin'
Woah, ohh yeah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQq3j4iFpFA
go to 4:55 and try it on 1080p

Regards,

Got some advice from the P51 Sig, reshape the antenna a little.

P51D123.jpg

Yes Chuck, Post-its were my salvation as it was the only thing that didn't lift the paint. Again, I'd like to stress this, I think it was something in the plastic on that one part and not something wrong with the AlcladII products. I've gone back to both the Mig and F86 I did and could not make it come up using the same tape. I even put duct tape on the F86 to see if it would lift it, no go.

I only have some minor details to do now, lights, the antenna, I may try Ian's suggestion with the pigments.

Hi MP,
sorry that I 'bailed ' on you with this.
The weathering would only need to be very subtle and would only require dry pigment on a soft square brush at the edges of some panels randomly around the plane. Chuck suggestion of Post it notes would work perfectly to establish a nice straight effect for each edge.
No airbrush required - all dry. Just use hardly any pigment. I would suggest a mix of Europe dust( , black smoke and Russian Earth - all from Mig.

If you can get it, CMK Light Earth with a touch of black smoke.

Ian.

I need to get a picture of this in the sunlight, hear that's the best lighting to use. I'm attempting to get that flame look these antenna had, you can check out several pages back to see the original. it's there but way too subtle. I keep adding lighter colors to the light side but it still does not pop.
P51D125.jpg

These are the last two parts to be installed.

P51D126.jpg

and here it is waiting on those antenna. Thanks for sticking with me on this guys!

That really does look nice Bob, Your WIP has been excellent as well, its always nice to see the trials a tribulations along the way, quite often i think people look at a near perfect model and think "oh its easy for him" and dont realise the really hard work and determination you need sometimes to turn out top grade model like yours. ;)

Went back and did some more work on the colors of the antenna.

also got a photo of it in the sun, maybe a better picture?
P51D127.jpg

I'm happy with it, may add just a bit more grain to the lighter colors.

Thanks Jerry, coming from you it's a high honor!

Checked on the antenna this morning and they still look good to me..now to let them cure and try and fit them to the spine and I'm calling this done...I think. :mpup

Back