• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

We got a saying here in the Netherlands;Ere wie Ere toe komt.

Translated like;Honour to the ones who deserves honour.

WELL DONE, MP!!! (y)

Greetings,Ron.

Looks fine to me Bob . The metal finish looks blindingly polished but the interior is what really catches my eye. NO MORE MASKING TAPE !

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys, still have a bit to do. Chris, I like the interior better myself, it didn't fight me as much!

Looks like an award winner
- but I would add some subtle brown shading to the panels and edges with pigments or pastels. A soft dark brown would really finish this off nicely.

Ian.

thank you Ian, you talking about down in the panel lines? Hopefully it's nothing that would require MASKING!!! :blink

Moonie, have you tried post-it notes yet? I'm too lazy to go back and read over all this. :side: Low pressure and thin, thin paint would make it easy.

Yes Chuck, Post-its were my salvation as it was the only thing that didn't lift the paint. Again, I'd like to stress this, I think it was something in the plastic on that one part and not something wrong with the AlcladII products. I've gone back to both the Mig and F86 I did and could not make it come up using the same tape. I even put duct tape on the F86 to see if it would lift it, no go.

I only have some minor details to do now, lights, the antenna, I may try Ian's suggestion with the pigments.

If it was mine MP I'd have it locked up in a case with a padlock, insert the key, and snap it off inside that lock!!

As it stands right now, I wouldn't push it much more.... fingers triple crossed for you if you do more, personally I love it as is.

Mojo back with a vengeance.

Used some Styrene square stock. Cut it down in the general shape, cut it in half and I had two. Then sanded to shape. Symmetry!!! Finally got Symmetry. Actually measured dimensions based on the specs of the ARA 8 Antenna set. It's pretty dang close and I wouldnt' freak out if some one got close to them with a caliper.

P51D121.jpg

P51D122.jpg

First coat of paint on it now and will pull the wood grain trick on it tomorrow.

Greetings Bob;

I am glad to see that you are working on the P-51 again....... :mpup
nice aircaft.

... :D ... (y) ...,

Mike

Back