• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

Ordered up a supply of paints that I need/want from the Brothers of Sprue... order was placed at 1545 hours today, at 1705 I got shipping notification with tracking number. Gordan has it going on, that's all I can figure out. And on a Friday afternoon!

OH, also got ship notification from Ultracast, shipped yesterday via USPO Air Mail...may take 7-10 business days... :pilot Air Mail.... :pilot

Thanks for everyone's comments and guidance!

I got a couple of pictures, I focused on the left hand side panel and replaced the kit part flap lever with some PE/CA. The knob handle was made by dipping the PE lever (from eduard set) into CA repeatedly till it built up into a nice ball. Put a lot of time in that, and when it's close up...you can't see it!

P51D046.jpg

They are right below the flare pistol port and bag, speaking of the bag..

P51D047.jpg

A close up of the flare bag, I took really thin tissue and dipped it in slow cure CA then placed it on the kit part that's molded in place. This gave it the texture I wanted. Then I used Migs Faded OD pigment for the color, the tissue soaked it up, even with the CA hardened. Once that dried I used the hobby knife to cut a slot for the zipper, a little gun metal paint and done.

I tried to get a shot of the rear compartment but the camera died on me, no AA batteries in the house...

Waiting on parts for the radiator and I've moved out of the cockpit now!!!

No AA batteries in the house?!! What will keep the wingy thingys away?? :mpup :D
Looking mighty mighty, Bob! (y)

PUP AL-MIGHTY!

You have it looking good, but of course that is what we expected!

I am very impressed, it is amazing the work that you do. PS - the 'puter works!

OK it's official, changing the scheme. Still 7th Fighter Command in the 20th Air Force

0477813.jpg

Well, have you seen this one? Check out My Achin' A..'s port main gear door.

p51tc6akopia2resized.jpg

Arkadiusz Wróbel's cover from Kagero's next sheet.

Regards,

Back