• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

Purty! I will get a set later on with the proper Aeroproducts spinner and propeller for the Postwar F-51D from the Fuerza Aérea Dominicana, Escuadrón Ramfis:
P51.jpg

Regards,

I'm glad to see someone made use of Jugs post war. What year was that Saul? The one on the far right looks like an N model with it's clipped wings.

This was the mid to late 1950s. Those are P-47D Thunderbolts. There were many other Thunderbolt users postwar to include several Latin countries such as Cuba, Brazil, Mexico, and more.

Regards,

Where did you get the decals from Bob? Sprue Brothers doesnt list and I need some.Thanks
James

I can't get out of the cockpit!! More wiring, replacing levers. Just so much that can be done and I know it doesn't have to be done because what's there is good enough.

I guess I should have taken a picture of the decals before cutting them up..couldn't resist getting started. These Barracuda Studio decals are thin and strong, they settle into complex locations really tight. I'm also using AlcadII Aqua Klear Gloss as an overcoat for the decals. This stuff Rocks!

P51D043.jpg

P51D044.jpg

Only had one problem with the Decal labeled "W", it's for the center pedestal panel. You should cut it into smaller pieces before placing on the part. I first attempted to put it in place whole but it folded up, just too many switches and selectors to work around. Wish I had learned the lesson on another decal, this part really deserves proper markings.

P51D045.jpg

Tamiya's cockpit is well done but these decals really bring it to life. Adds a lot of character if you ask me.

Whatcha think?

Well I think it's kick ass!!!

(y)

Thanks guys, there's just a couple more things I need to do in the cockpit, the fuel tank selector, couple of levers that had to be removed to get a decal in place on the RHS, just a little more wiring on the radios and them I'm movin' on.

Back