• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sturmovik

This isn't exactly what I had in mind but..
h24c4205.JPG

Did a hard scrub and got some hard edge worn spots, I didn't like that, wanted something more subtle. So I thinned up some white paint again and hit the hard edges

h6417233.JPG

ha77f837.JPG

Then came in with a medium grain sanding pad to thin out a bit more.

Really, what you think? :idonno

I can strip all the white off with no issue and start over.

That doesn't look right, to be honest. I think you'll have better results with a thin coat and attack it right away. :drinks Some refresher videos...

I concur with Chuck Bob. Also work from front to back just like the airflow and weather would while in flight. Looking forward to seeing version 2.
James

Will do this evening Luiz, This layer of paint just peels off in sheets so it won't be a problem removing.

I'm with everyone else Bob...always liked how the skin artists for the Il-2 sim did the winter schemes...faded and heavy on the exhaust soot...
image~0.jpg

:hmmm
Bob,
just be careful to be logical with your weathering of the winter cam - the patches you created in your first pass were very strange and not in places or patterns that were realistic.
Now you have a thinner coat trying using some white oils or pigments in a semi dry application [on a wide brush], randomly working over what you have at present, then using a dark grey pigment then very lightly soot black, you can achieve the exhaust and gun stains, but you must be subtle and weather in the direction of the airflow.

?
Maybe too hard to explain - good luck, winter can is always very hard as it either work s or is a disaster - there is no in between because of the extreme tones of white/ dark.

Ian.

:hmmm
Bob,
just be careful to be logical with your weathering of the winter cam - the patches you created in your first pass were very strange and not in places or patterns that were realistic.
Now you have a thinner coat trying using some white oils or pigments in a semi dry application [on a wide brush], randomly working over what you have at present, then using a dark grey pigment then very lightly soot black, you can achieve the exhaust and gun stains, but you must be subtle and weather in the direction of the airflow.

?
Maybe too hard to explain - good luck, winter can is always very hard as it either work s or is a disaster - there is no in between because of the extreme tones of white/ dark.

Ian.

Good advice . You can always add or subtract from the oil coats if you don't like them :drinks

Cheers, Christian B)

Back